Vittoria Corsa G2 damage?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wilwil

by wilwil

I got caught on a remote road In France that turned to gravel for a few miles and the side wall of a brand new G2 has been damaged. The graphics label has been pushed away revealing the cotton in a small area. Not sure if this is safe to ride? I’m doing a high mountain in a few days and don’t want any problems especially descending.

c60rider

by c60rider

I'm guessing you haven't got a spare you can just put on. Have you got a picture? If it's not damaged the integrity of the side wall and only revealed it as you say can you glue it? I've glued plenty of little nicks in the tread before now including those where thorns have gone straight through. Or if you're unsure you could stick a patch on the inside of the tyre (I'm assuming it's a clincher). I'm sure others will have their own opinions on what to do ie safety of a tyre and do you take a risk or not etc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

wilwil wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:38 pm
I got caught on a remote road In France that turned to gravel for a few miles and the side wall of a brand new G2 has been damaged. The graphics label has been pushed away revealing the cotton in a small area. Not sure if this is safe to ride? I’m doing a high mountain in a few days and don’t want any problems especially descending.
Glue....

Had lots of micro cuts in my rear tire, i used gorilla glue and some sealant. Still ride same tire......
Mine is Gen 1 Corsa G+ (tubular)
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.