2020 Schwalbe Pro One

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
anykarthik

by anykarthik

https://www.bikeradar.com/news/schwalbe ... -released/

Looks like they've made some interesting changes. But I'm afraid their "22% more cornering grip" is still not enough. #scarywhenwet.

Weights are inline with the Hutchinson Fusion 11storm Performance tire - almost identical. I'm guessing the Hutch will grip better as before and the Pro1 will roll better as before.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

The TLE will probably be 10% higher rolling resistance than a GP5K TL. The TT will probably be that much lower.
Last edited by TobinHatesYou on Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aeo

by Aeo

Same MSRP as the previous generation. Let's see if they sell for around 35€, too or if they bump it up to the 45€ of Continental 5000.
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

peted76

by peted76

The interesting point I picked up from this new release is that on a 17mm internal width tyre the 25mm model would measure 24.6mm width (didn't mention psi).
BRR quotes a real world measurement of 27mm on the current(old) ProOne TL at 100psi.

Which seems a bummer as I've just brought a 23mm TL to fit on my 17mm inner and 25mm outer width wheels (not fitted yet, might hang on and pick one of these up).

peted76

by peted76

Aeo wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:03 am
Same MSRP as the previous generation. Let's see if they sell for around 35€, too or if they bump it up to the 45€ of Continental 5000.
It took about 18months for the Schwable Pro One TL to get down to current prices from release. Demand outstripped supply for a while upon release also. I doubt these will drop much below the 50£€$ mark initially.

kevinw

by kevinw

I'm interested to see how these turn out - I was slightly dissapointed with the GP5K TLs due to the rubber strings and a sidewall failure. Currently running hutchinson performance TLRs which I'm fairly happy with but the GP5Ks did feel quicker even though as a set they were almost 100g heavier.

The new Pro ones could be best of both worlds? I'm going to wait for some real world reviews this time though!

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

Interesting. Performance-wise, this looks to be in the same ballpark as Hutchison F5 Galactics TLR, and weight is also very similar. I have not tried the previous generation, as the reports of them getting easily cut and having poor grip were a turn off. Curious if they have improved on this.

moyboy

by moyboy

Great for everyone, some interesting tubeless options this fall.... with specialized's new tire and also the gp5000 and G+ 2.0 options... yay!

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

aeroisnteverything wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:11 pm
Interesting. Performance-wise, this looks to be in the same ballpark as Hutchison F5 Galactics TLR, and weight is also very similar. I have not tried the previous generation, as the reports of them getting easily cut and having poor grip were a turn off. Curious if they have improved on this.

Weight is pretty dissimilar. Reminder that the Galactik 11Storms actually weigh <220g, which puts them right between the TLE and TT’s claimed weights.

zefs

by zefs

From one of the photos it looks like the beads are sewn, other than that seems like they will be good tires.

Gary71

by Gary71

How good do the Tan walled TT versions look……., and the claimed 205g weight in 25’s. I wonder with a bit of sealant if you could use them as every day tyres on goodish roads? I can't wait to give them a crack

yinzerniner

by yinzerniner

Gary71 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:27 pm
How good do the Tan walled TT versions look……., and the claimed 205g weight in 25’s. I wonder with a bit of sealant if you could use them as every day tyres on goodish roads? I can't wait to give them a crack
The sealant doesn't seem to be the biggest issue, but rather the minimal casing and the thinner rubber. Sealant can only do it's job so well if the combo of casing and rubber can minimize the size of the hole. Also, these will probably command a hefty premium over the all-around performace Pro One.

But for tanwall tubeless below 30mm it looks like they will be the only choice, for now....

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

It looks like the updated One TLE 28c and 30c will be available in the tan wall at least...

The One TLE comes in 25mm (275g), 28mm (295g) and 30mm (305g) sizes, with the former two available in black and tan wall options.
Last edited by mogwaiboi on Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.

petromyzon

by petromyzon

The "2 layers of casing under the tread" sounds very similar to the construction of the new Specialized tyre. Hopefully someone will send a bunch of new rubber to Jarno to test.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

petromyzon wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:54 am
The "2 layers of casing under the tread" sounds very similar to the construction of the new Specialized tyre. Hopefully someone will send a bunch of new rubber to Jarno to test.

Jarno coincidentally just published reviews of two Schwalbe MTB tires, so maybe they sent him some tires to test? He remains unimpressed by the Addix compound tires.