2020 Schwalbe Pro One

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

la85

by la85

Cheers!

by Weenie

alanyu

by alanyu

la85 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 7:20 am
Cheers guys. Hasnt leaked any sealant but just hisses air in a spots.

Will give it a good spin horizontaly and see if that fixes it.
Same tiny leaking at sidewall here. A good spin horizontaly didn't fix my new pro ones. They dropped from 100psi to 40psi in just 24h.

One of them became better in three days, dropping from 80psi to 40psi in 48h which is kind of usable. Now it is better and better during weeks of using, leaking from 80psi to 50psi in four days and I believe that it's still getting better. However, another one just kept fast leaking which I cannot even ride on it. Schwalbe sealent or Orange sealent both cannot fix it. The seller sent me a new tire at last and I haven't tried that one.

TBH I have never met with this problem before, inclusing old pro ones. Though the performance and ride quality of 2020 pro one is very high, the quality or QC itself is very disappointing.

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

use some soapy water to find the leak and spin the tire so the sealant covers the problem areas.

Nohands83

by Nohands83

So after waxing lyrical about how good these are I’ve got some concerns about the QC as well. Purchased a set of 25s for my Argon, stretched on a rim with a tube for a couple of days the fitted first time with a track pump to my HED 4s. The rear measures 27.5mm all round, however the front measures 27.5mm for approx. 75% of the diameter then it drops to 26.75mm. You can also see the centreline drift off towards the rim at the point by around 1mm.

Weird I know, I presumed user install error so removed checked the beads and refitted. Same result. So fitted it to a different rim with a tube and same again. The wheels in question have had a set of GP5000s fitted previously with no similar issues, so I believe the tape job is good and consistent around the rim.

Will see what schwalbe say...

XCProMD

by XCProMD

Wrong thread

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

markyboy

by markyboy

My new pro one wont stop leaking sealant.
ImageDC08CB74-5378-4AE3-992C-3081B89A96A4 by mark anderson, on Flickr
Image9EA35EF1-21B3-414F-A1A0-330C6416C316 by mark anderson, on Flickr
Colnago master with campagnolo super record 12
Pinarello f8 with dura ace di2
Eddy merckx 69 ultegra disc winter bike ultegra r8000

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I just setup up a 25mm version on my front CLX64.(literally minutes ago). I had one pin whole exactly where you are showing yours. Luckily only 1 that the sealent has now taken care of it for me.
2019 BMC TM01 Road UCI config 7.36kg

MasterBean

by MasterBean

4,660km on the rear over 3 months of riding. 30mm mounted onto Aeolus Pro 3. 19.5mm internal rim width. Not sure how long these tyres are meant to last so can't complain as they are overkill for my type of riding. They're definitely easier to fit than the GP5000TL. Front one is still going. There was still sealant in there. Image

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited by MasterBean on Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ManPants

by ManPants

Do any of y'all know what the story is with the little orange "TLE" tabs disappearing from the sidewalls?

See here, present at 9 o'clock on the rear tyre but absent from the front:

I ask because my rear tyre, which has the tab, holds air just fine, whereas the front, which doesn't, loses most of its air after 24 hours or so.

Nohands83

by Nohands83

Spotted these on Wiggle, if I'm reading it right these look like a new transparent/brown sidewall (and tubeless) version of the Pro one evo. Anyone seen them in flesh?
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/schwalbe-pro-o ... -road-tyre

fizzaz

by fizzaz

Super Race? These bad bois will be made of paper.

ms6073

by ms6073

ManPants wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:38 am
Do any of y'all know what the story is with the little orange "TLE" tabs disappearing from the sidewalls?
Sorry for what is probably obvious response, but based on my experience ordering clincher Pro One's by mistake, if the tire does not have a TLE logo on the sidewall, then the tire is not tubeless ready.
- Michael
"Solving problems you didn't know you had in ways you probably won't understand"

Nohands83

by Nohands83

fizzaz wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:03 pm
Super Race? These bad bois will be made of paper.
I thought that they might sit between the pro one evo and the TT version but can't actually see a Super race version listed on the Schwabe site. The image on the 'normal' pro one evo looks to show the same transparent version as Wiggle. They appear to both be very similar 265 vs 270g in weight as well, so could this be the 2021 Pro one evo?

https://www.schwalbe.com/en/road-reader ... ro-one-tle

Marvinman

by Marvinman

To add to some of the above my experience with Schwalbe has been poor. Tubeless option came on a new bike I bought. Schwalbe won't hold pressure and have several leaks, with the sealant not solving the problem. Brand new tubeless with numerous leaks is poor.

Swapped to Conti 5000tl with everything else the same. Contis held pressure immediately with no issue. I know where my money will be spent going forwards.

by Weenie

joesch

by joesch

Marvinman wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:43 am
To add to some of the above my experience with Schwalbe has been poor. Tubeless option came on a new bike I bought. Schwalbe won't hold pressure and have several leaks, with the sealant not solving the problem. Brand new tubeless with numerous leaks is poor.

Swapped to Conti 5000tl with everything else the same. Contis held pressure immediately with no issue. I know where my money will be spent going forwards.
Interesting, for me it is the other way round - used to ride Contis and/or TurboCottons for the last 5+ years.While I continue to use TurboCottons (which I love in the summer time), my experience with Contis has been mixed, in particular the TLs - very hard to mount, questionable compabibility with rims, more wear then expected, did not hold pressure well.
Pretty happy with my Schwable Pro One (2020) as well as Schwalbe G-One Speed - both were very super easy to mount, held air even without sealant on dtSwiss rims. No punctures in 3-4000kms, okayish feel (not as subtle as TurboCottons) and slightly more wear than I would have hoped for (especially the G-Ones but less than the TurboCottons).