Dub/12speed sram crank compatability?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

So i want to take a 2x force crank off a tri bike that has etap 12 speed. I want to put it on my 2018 giant tcx advanced sx 1x cyclocross bike (apex 1) set up for 1x. I presume there is a dub bb to fit the frame, but would spindle length be the same, and could chainline be adjusted?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

RocketRacing wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:39 am
So i want to take a 2x force crank off a tri bike that has etap 12 speed. I want to put it on my 2018 giant tcx advanced sx 1x cyclocross bike (apex 1) set up for 1x. I presume there is a dub bb to fit the frame, but would spindle length be the same, and could chainline be adjusted?

AFAIK there is only one spindle length for Force/Red DUB cranks. Giants use BB86 IIRC, so you would just get SRAM's BB86 DUB cups...or you could get flanged direct press-in bearings from WheelsMfg or something. The Force crank uses the removable 4-bolt spider and can be converted between 2x and 1x just with chainring swaps. The X-Sync Road chanrings are already offset to address chainline issues.

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

It’s not necessarily dub, could also be GXP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Unless the tri/tt is a Trek Speed Concept or has an Italian threaded BB, it’s unlikely that the Force crankset is GXP.