Finally Tarmac SL6 EPS 12 done

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Calnago

by Calnago

Your dog + My cat = Hot Mess
Re the bike... yes, a nice profile shot would be good. And if possible, some closeups of the rear derailleur and cog interface, namely the area of the top pulley and cassette when in the usual extreme combos... big/big, small/small, big/small, small/big if possible and you’re you want to practice your pbtotgraphy with an upgraded potato camera. Those cucumber cameras are so last year.
Last edited by Calnago on Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

wheelbuilder wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:49 pm
That bar drop.
some people were blessed with long arms

locoman

by locoman

Nice bike, would you please comment on the Exakt power meters?

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

locoman wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:07 pm
Will be riding it tomorrow evening so will give my feedback.. I refuse to ride a new bike "from home" so I drive out to my local provincial park which is an 11km loop.. at least if something nukes itself I am only 5km from the car instead of 40 from home...

The actual setup of the pedals is pretty simple... just followed exactly as the video says to do, the hardest thing was keeping consistent pressure when setting them up.. you need to apply a down pressure on the pedal and watch the calibration scale on your mobile device, once it "zeroes" you need to tighten down the nut.. trick is to keep the pedal where it was and tighten the nut at the same time...

Seedster

by Seedster

Congrats on finally getting your build completed! It's been a long time coming. That's a fully decked out Tarmac, ParisCarbon.

Looking forward to better pics when you get that new smartphone.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

locoman wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:07 pm
I was in Italy for 2 weeks, but Im back now and had 3 days to finally actually take the SL6 for some rides..
Overall, I am very happy with the Exakt pedals... the numbers I am seeing are virtually identical to my Campy SRM on my SL5 under similar riding/wind conditions (I live on the prairies. I have no hills just wind, so its easy for me to judge/guess my watts, and riding the same roads every day you get to memorize the numbers)

There's some online reviews that slam the pedals, those reviews are out to lunch in my opinion..
Are they hard to set up - No
Do they take a few more minutes to setup - Yes
Am I going to swap them on and off between bikes - No
So I don't really care that it took a few more minutes to set them up...
The only issues Ive had are my own doing because I didn't crank the locknut down as much as I should have and the pedal backed out slightly skewing the wattage values slighty...
I was a little skeptical at first to go pedal based after always riding crank based.. I didn't go with the SRM crank based because I fell in love with the Super Record 12s crankset and I wasnt going with Stages.. now that ive had the Exakts out for some testing, I have no regrets.
Any questions Ive had with setup were answered immediately by SRM.. had a charge pod that didnt work for the other set going on my Venge... SRM USA sent me a new pod out same day via Fedex.

rlanger

by rlanger

ParisCarbon wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:21 am
I was in Italy for 2 weeks, but Im back now and had 3 days to finally actually take the SL6 for some rides..
You went to Italy for 2 weeks and didn't take your new bike?!? :shock:
Hand in your WW card immediately! :evil:

bespoke

by bespoke

Finally some real world owner feedback
For the benefit of the rest of us; once its set up on a bike, what is the procedure for day to day calibrations
Is it as easy as on a crank based SRM?
Warning - Inherently biased:
www.bespokecycling.com

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

rlanger wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:50 am
ParisCarbon wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:21 am
You went to Italy for 2 weeks and didn't take your new bike?!? :shock:
Hand in your WW card immediately! :evil:
I never travel with my best bike, and will never travel with an electronic bike without a full arsenal of everything I need to fix it myself.. don't trust airlines at all... Still using my Cannondale EVO with Super Record mechanical though ... funny in Italy, myself and one other person were the only Campagnolo equipped bikes I saw...

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

bespoke wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:54 am
Finally some real world owner feedback
For the benefit of the rest of us; once its set up on a bike, what is the procedure for day to day calibrations
Is it as easy as on a crank based SRM?
Yep.. turn on PC8.. spin pedals to "wake them up" hold PRO key, goto Zero offset option... you will see the 2 values for L/R pedals... simply press the SET key, a calibration request will be sent, and it will either say success or fail... and thats all ya need to do!