2020 Specialized Roubaix Comp vs Expert

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

photocycler

by photocycler

Considering the comp Di2 vs expert, I don't feel I need the adjustability of the further shock 2.0 and prefer the raw carbon look on the comp model. Seems main other difference is the c38 wheels which I would just add to the comp after.

Am I missing anything else I should consider between the two befor making my decision?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sgtrobo

by sgtrobo

I believe the Expert FutureShock 2.0 has the Damper, the 1.5 (on the Comp) Does not
and as you said, the wheels

AnkitS

by AnkitS

There is a future shock 2.0 retrofit kit that you could install on the expert if you feel like you need it later. R470's are easy to flip and decent rims. The hubs, however, are complete trash.

Sock3t

by Sock3t

6K bike that weighs 20lbs.

What a time to be alive.

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

icantaffordcycling wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:49 am
There is a future shock 2.0 retrofit kit that you could install on the expert if you feel like you need it later. R470's are easy to flip and decent rims. The hubs, however, are complete trash.
Are you sure about the future shock 2.0 retrofit kit? I asked about one last week and the dealer didn't even have a number to order one.
The expert has the same frame but upgrades to the S-Works fork. I would get the expert as the fork/shock upgrade, along with other upgrades provides a better value. It's a great spec that you could ride as is for years.
Ride fast Take chances

AnkitS

by AnkitS

We did a retrofitting last week from a 1.0 to a 2.0. I don't have the part number handy but we had to call our rep to figure it out.

JMOS

by JMOS

I believe (in the Euro zone) the retro fit 2.0 is roughly 660 €. It certainly doesn't come cheap.

The main difference between comp and expert is the future shock (1.5/2.0), the saddle (cr-mo/titanium) and the wheelset (dt swiss/roval) and hubs.

Considering the list price of the comp (4.800) and the expert (6.000) and assuming that you can sell the future shock 1.5 , saddle , and wheels for 350, that would give you 1.550 to spend on the future shock 2.0, carbon wheels, and saddle to get the equivalent or better on your comp. However, the Roval 38 wheels alone have an official price tag of 1.200. But you might of course get wheels of similar qualitiy for a lower price. In the end there will not be a big price difference (unless you get a greater discount on the expert). If you are only interested in the future shock 2.0 and not the carbon wheels, however, then go for the comp. With 2.o included you'd still "save" significantly and can still decide to upgrade at a later date.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com