Expected Longevity of Campy Record 2015+ Groupset...

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
3Pio

by 3Pio

I have two bikes with exactly same groupset, Campy Record 2015+

So Im wondering about expected mileage of the parts before needing for replacing ...

1. So when do u replace Crankset bearings (USB in this case)?

I have about 26000 km on older one, and still running smooth

And having another question regarding this.. I can see on Record Crankset there is USB Bearings, on Chorus regular one.. Does USB Bearings last much more then regular one on Chorus?

And also can see weight difference between Chorus Crankset and Record of about 35 gm.. What is the difference between those two crankset that have different weight?

2. Dual Shifters

Is there any parts that wear out after some mileage/usage and what is that mileage?

3. Deral. (Front and Rear)

Is there any expected mileage of problem free working (normal usage, not breaking the things )

4. Front ChainRings (52/36)

26000 km so far.. Should i expect at least another 26000 before need to replace them? (i replace chains every 5000 km aproximetaly)

5. Cassettes Campagnolo Chorus (i dont use Record here) (12-29)

I expect to replace the cassette when new chain start skipping (which did not happened until now)

I expect to have at least 15000 km, and based on experience with oldest i have (11-29), even 20000 km seem possible...

So what are ur opinion about this?

XCProMD

by XCProMD

Bearings: will last forever provided there’s no water ingress. True for both.

Levers: will last forever.

RD: if you abuse it with cassettes/ gear combinations not within its declared range it will eventually develop some play at the bushing around the hanger bolt. Then you will need to replace the o-rings in that one.

Chainrings: you’re good for another 30-40000 km with you current chain changing schedule, conditions being the same as until now.

Cassette: you’re probably half through it.

For the record, I have a 1997 Campagnolo Veloce 9s still going fresh with original chainrings and cassette. Used rotating 3 chains all these years, now used for commuting, it has 150000 km on it.

by Weenie

3Pio

by 3Pio

XCProMD wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:33 am
B

Cassette: you’re probably half through it.

For the record, I have a 1997 Campagnolo Veloce 9s still going fresh with original chainrings and cassette. Used rotating 3 chains all these years, now used for commuting, it has 150000 km on it.
Thanks... Regarding the cassette... U mean is possible to get even more then 20000 km on 12-29 Chorus cassette?

About crankset bearings, i have maintence procedure every 3000 km to remove the cranks, clean everything and put fresh grease....Probably this is making them to last more...

robertbb

by robertbb

The difference in crank is on the non drive crank - it's hollow on Record, not so on Chorus.

Same stiffness I believe. I chose Chorus personally, for the plain black/white look.