Mavic ID360 freehub reassembly woes

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
xcnick

by xcnick

Just replaced the hub bearings in this 2017 cosmic carbon wheel with an ID360 hub. Reassembly is seemingly straight forward although with too many parts and a crappy spring clip. But when together the freehub doesn’t ratchet properly (locks up) or when you push the freehub body against the hub and twist it, it’s very rough and doesn’t freewheel properly.
When the slightly coned washer is left out (the first part of item 6) it operates as it should. The picture doesn’t show it as being coned and it doesn’t feel like it naturally sits against the other parts but that’s where it came from.
Can anyone help??
This should have been a 15 minute job I’m going mad!

ImageImage

by Weenie

muti

by muti

The spacer should be placed so the "coned"side is facing inwards(towards the bearing).As I see in the picture,you are placing it the opposite way.Be careful also to apply a very "light"grease.I hope that helps.

xcnick

by xcnick

Last edited by xcnick on Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xcnick

by xcnick

I’ve also tried that. That coned washer does not allow the castellated piece to sit low enough to get the circlip in and that’s what’s causing the freehub to lock up. I’ve removed and measured the bearing against the original one. I even fitted the original bearing incase the new one was causing the problem. The bearing is fully seated into the hub. I left the coned washer out and reassembled and it goes together perfectly and functions perfectly with no play. Clearly something is amiss though? I can’t find any other info online. There a disassembly video on YouTube but it’s poor quality and you can’t really see which way that washer sits.
It’s is basically the same as this ENVE diagram, they even call it the ID360, but that washer isn’t there?!?!

https://www.enve.com/en/journal/behind- ... road-hubs/