Castelli 2020 & 2019 F/W

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

chorus88

by chorus88

Some 2020 Castelli: SanRemo4, BodyPaint4x, Superleggera bibs, Free PROTECT bibs, jerseys, perfetto RoS vest, gabba RoS, nano-flex3G, Bibshorts, IdroPro2
Attachments
2020-SR4.jpg
2020-TTsuit.jpg
2020-SLbibs.jpg
2020-Protectbibs.jpg
2020-jersey.jpg
2020-perfetto+vest+.jpg
2020-gabbaROS.jpg
2020-arm+leg.jpg
2020-Bibs.jpg
2020-JKT-IP2.jpg
Last edited by chorus88 on Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
When Technology Becomes Emotion
2023 Tarmac SL7 Expert R8100 (90622-3352)

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Decent looking kit but still with stick on plastic logos that crack and peel and look shitty after a few uses.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jlok

by jlok

Nice!!! Definitely getting the Aero Race 6.0 and Climbers 3.0

Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

robertbb

by robertbb

Finally some reflectivity on the Perfetto/Gabba.

The vest now has a drop tail like the rest of the line.

But unfortunately, uses new GoreTex "infinium" material. This is still a membrane laminated to an outer fabric. Fully windproof means not breathable. Polartec Neoshell or Powershield Pro that actually allow a bit of airflow are actually better fabrics for cycling.

A step backwards on those garments, I reckon.

Paperboy

by Paperboy

I like that they're using dyneema in their shorts now. What a great material.

warp

by warp

What would be a bib that has a construction similar to the Evoluzione but with a X2 pad?
I love my Inferno's but the construction is fragile as heck. I have a set of the old Body Paint (2.0?) that have the X2 pad and it's fantastic, but not made anymore.

I like a lot the Rapha Pro Team bibs but the price is outrageous and the lower lines have a fit and pad that break the deal for me.

Thanks!

warp

by warp

Duplicated, Delete please

dastott

by dastott

Have been hoping for a Castelli Sanremo speed suit in bright colors,

gazzaputt

by gazzaputt

warp wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:18 am
What would be a bib that has a construction similar to the Evoluzione but with a X2 pad?
I love my Inferno's but the construction is fragile as heck. I have a set of the old Body Paint (2.0?) that have the X2 pad and it's fantastic, but not made anymore.

I like a lot the Rapha Pro Team bibs but the price is outrageous and the lower lines have a fit and pad that break the deal for me.

Thanks!
I was a Rapha Pro bib fan until I found these: https://isoles.cc/ cheaper, great service (unlike Raphas which has serious dropped off the past 6 months), fit is spot on, fantastic quality and very comfy in the saddle. Can't recommend highly enough

yinya

by yinya

Don’t agree on the Rapha service part. I stopped buying Rapha some two years ago. But recently crashed in their Pro Aero Jersey (~3yrs old), sent it in for repairs, they didn’t have the right material, so they sent me a 80 euro credit instead. Great service in my view. Compare that to for example Assos who said bibs are not fixable, it’s your loss even if they were only a month old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gazzaputt

by gazzaputt

yinya wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:22 am
Don’t agree on the Rapha service part. I stopped buying Rapha some two years ago. But recently crashed in their Pro Aero Jersey (~3yrs old), sent it in for repairs, they didn’t have the right material, so they sent me a 80 euro credit instead. Great service in my view. Compare that to for example Assos who said bibs are not fixable, it’s your loss even if they were only a month old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Should say Rapha's delivery service. Customer service top notch. Last 3 orders all sent late, wrong items sent, lost returns. One order took 3 weeks to arrive. Granted I got £50 voucher for this but it shouldn't happen. Lost a loyal customer now.

mag

by mag

I like their Climber's jerseys due to their high temperature rating and after the current underwhelimng (mostly dark) color options I welcome return of some nearly white option into their range.

However what I find funny is that they rate the 119g Aero Race at 4/5 for lightweightness, while just 3g (claimed) lighter 116g Climber's gets 5/5. :-D
The weight difference between these 2 current generation jerseys is much bigger (159g vs 83g). These new ones seem very similar to each other.

chorus88

by chorus88

Still no retail Froomey SpeedSuit (Climbers3.0 jersey+Inferno bibshorts). :noidea:
I like the picture of Moscon with the torn bibshorts. :twisted:
When Technology Becomes Emotion
2023 Tarmac SL7 Expert R8100 (90622-3352)

rides4beer

by rides4beer

Love my FAR bibs and Climbers jerseys. That's all I've been wearing all summer.

For those who have both the Aero Race and Climbers jerseys, do you wear the same size, or do you size up for the Aero Race? I wear an XL in the Climbers and it's a snug, but comfortable fit, the way a jersey should fit, imo (doesn't flap in the wind, but I can still move in it). My SanRemo is a L, and it is tight, I only wear it for racing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

3Pio

by 3Pio

rides4beer wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:58 pm
Love my FAR bibs and Climbers jerseys. That's all I've been wearing all summer.

For those who have both the Aero Race and Climbers jerseys, do you wear the same size, or do you size up for the Aero Race? I wear an XL in the Climbers and it's a snug, but comfortable fit, the way a jersey should fit, imo (doesn't flap in the wind, but I can still move in it). My SanRemo is a L, and it is tight, I only wear it for racing.

For me same size M for Aero Race (i own and i really like it), and Climbers Jersey (i tried in the shop, but at the end decide it to dont buy it)...