Colnago bottle cage flex

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

maxice

by maxice

Has anyone had any issues with the carbon cages? One of mine seems to be very weak and there seems to be a minor flex/crack in it. Feels like it will crack off like plastic!

You can see the crease line
gyQ7+DLbTD6K9HSRjckcCg.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sin2000

by Sin2000

I found these bottle cages to be unreliable - bottles bounced out too frequently. I gave them away in the end.

c60rider

by c60rider

I've had a couple of these and not had a problem with any bottles I use. If anything they're a little on the tight side compared with the elite cages I've got on other bikes. Maybe just a bad one that you can send back?

cveks

by cveks

I replaced recently my Colnago bottle cages with Bontrager ones because bottle rattles on bad roads and even falls out cage on some cases.

3Pio

by 3Pio

maxice wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:42 pm
Has anyone had any issues with the carbon cages? One of mine seems to be very weak and there seems to be a minor flex/crack in it. Feels like it will crack off like plastic!

You can see the crease line

gyQ7+DLbTD6K9HSRjckcCg.jpg
I have gloss version of Colnago Carbon Cages on my C60 for 3 years... Never ever any problem, no flex, no problems.. Using them with Camelback and Elite bottles... Also not tight (to dont be able to use the bottle easy), just perfect... And seem that they will last long time....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maxice

by maxice

Great service from Windwave, they replaced it for me