SRAM RED QUARQ DZERO power meter

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
incredibleting

by incredibleting

I've updated to v10 as well, and once in a while the power seems to drop out and show me extremely low numbers like 30W when it should be 130W. A few backpedals to recalibrate and it's fine again. Hoping they fix this in a future update.

Pinguin

by Pinguin

Really good prices at R2bike

by Weenie

AZR3

by AZR3

I’m sure this is only really an issue for .00001% of Quarq/iPhone 8 and newer iPhone users but the DZero will not reliably record power/cadence to Strava, or any other ride recording app. I like to run Strava in addition to my Wahoo when I ride, just as a backup, in case my Wahoo dies (I’ve forgotten to charge it and left the house with like 10% battery before) or there is some corrupt file problem.

Like is said I’m sure I’m in the .00001% of people that do this but just an FYI.

(My Assioma DUOs and P2M NGeco record fine to my iPhone so it’s just a Quarq/iPhone issue)

Pinguin

by Pinguin

AZR3 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:09 pm
I’m sure this is only really an issue for .00001% of Quarq/iPhone 8 and newer iPhone users but the DZero will not reliably record power/cadence to Strava, or any other ride recording app. I like to run Strava in addition to my Wahoo when I ride, just as a backup, in case my Wahoo dies (I’ve forgotten to charge it and left the house with like 10% battery before) or there is some corrupt file problem.

Like is said I’m sure I’m in the .00001% of people that do this but just an FYI.

(My Assioma DUOs and P2M NGeco record fine to my iPhone so it’s just a Quarq/iPhone issue)
And what is your favorite from your three pm?

AZR3

by AZR3

Pinguin wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:15 pm
And what is your favorite from your three pm?
I’ve only just bought the new NGeco but I have had about 5 different P2M power meters over the years, some bought new and the majority off other forums or eBay, and I’ve never had a single issue. Not one drop out or manfunction.

The Assioma DUOs have been great, they’re my first and only true L/R power meter and they’ve been flawless. Some people don’t like the pods on the sindles but you don’t notice they while riding and they’ve been rock solid unlike all the stories or the powertap P1s and the issues with all the generations of Garmin Vector pedals.

I’m on my third quarq since dec of last year. First had Bluetooth issues and wouldn’t wake right from the start. Quarq replaces it with a new unit, which worked great for about 6ish months then started dropping out randomly, had it replaced again and it’s now for sale. I will say Quarq’s warranty has been great, they’re slow as molasses to respond to emails but if you call they’ll get things sorted, either through trouble shooting or sending it back for replace, very quickly, can’t fault them in that regard.

It’s hard to say which I’d rank as my favorite but I’d probably have to say the DUOs, but I’d be happy with either them or a P2M unit.

What I’d really like is for the Assioma’s to have the ability to switch pedal bodies (between road pedal and mtb pedal) so I could use them with my mtb shoes on my gravel bike. That’s why I got the Quarq and then ultimately another P2M, just can’t walk in mud and gravel with road shoes.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

What i don't like about Assioma is just the use of Look cleats. In addition to MTB pedal body, there it also be SPD-SL compatible body?

Look cleats unneccessery increase stack height compare to SPD-SL cleats (or Speedplay).
I know Assioma's total stack height is only 4mm taller than Dura-ace (2.5mm from thicker cleats alone). And 4mm doesn't make any noticeable difference in center of gravity or aero from many hundred millimeters seat height. But it's in my head. I'm not willing to sit 4mm taller on the bike when i have a choice.

My friend switch from Garmin Vector 3s to Assioma Duo and like it a lot more than the Garmin power meter.

I used Stages which is unreliable and dead in rain. I sold my warranty claimed unit and get Quarq. Quarq work 99.9% of the time but i also notice some misleadingly low number from time to tome, for example 20 watts going 32 km/h. It mostly happen after i freewheel over rough road. So i guess it's auto calibrating issue.

Recently i got Power2max NGeco. I still haven't seen any noticeably bad data. The down side compare to Quarq is that the unit is slower. Both slower to wake up and connect to bike computer when sleeping, and more delayed power number on bike computer. Quarq show either near instant or close to 1 second delayed power when i surge. Power2max show data of about 2 seconds ago. It's a small difference but it's there.
I believe there are different approach to cadence measurement between Quarq and Power2max. Power2max claims their unit to be accurate with oval ring, but the data is delayed. Quarq's data is more near instant but inaccurate with non round rings.

addictR1

by addictR1

Pinguin wrote:Really good prices at R2bike
R2 can’t ship to USA Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperSix2018

by SuperSix2018

Im chaisng a powere meter for my Cannondale.

I see a Sram Red Quarq DZero BB30 is the right unit. Does anyone know if a new Sram Red AXS Quarq unit will work with Sram Red Etap?

Might be worth getting one of these if it will fit incase i ever upgarde the grouset to AXS.

Cheers

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

I've been using Quarq for about 7yrs now. First I bought 2nd hand, it died, and they replaced it for free. Then, that one died about 2yrs ago...I got the regular SRAM DZero version and they give you a pretty good discount since mine couldn't been fixed, which BTW, they have what I think is some of the best customer service in the industry, no lying. They paid delivery both directions, sent labels just to look at it. Or replace it.

This latest version I've had for just under 2yrs now I guess which is the latest model, just the entry level carbon, it has been reliable, battery lasts a long time and seems accurate.

I personally would never use another brand of power meter...and I would have to say that is because of their customer service for the 2x times I've had an issue with it.

I also keep a spare SRAM Red crankset with some rings on it as a backup...so if you did ever have to send it back, just a quick swap and pedals, and you are back in business riding, just no power meter for a week or so if there is a problem.

Been really happy with mine, also the latest mobile app that allows you to update the PM and check stats etc..is really cool with the DZero. I still zero mine manually before calibrating on every ride, spin the crank backwards at least 3 times and leave the right pedal at the dead bottom, then calibrate your computer, like Garmin, to zero/calibrate it. Takes only a second and wakes it up. You will see like 2 green flashes after rotating the crank backwards, then press calibrate on the computer.

surfinguru

by surfinguru

FWIW, I upodated firmware to 10 before the weekend and have gotten a few rides in now. No issues to report...appears good to go!