SRAM RED QUARQ DZERO power meter

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

addictR1

by addictR1

for those of you that have this.. i have a couple questions for you guys.

how do you like it? i'm currnetly using Stages and thinking to go crank base on my TMR02. i'll need to get this in the GXP. the BB for my TMR is BB86, so currently i have a GXP crank on there. so not sure if i can use other types like PF30 or something for this PM?

Any battery leak issues?
How's the weight compared to P2M type?
thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sandbox

by sandbox

Have it and love it. In fact, just upgraded to a Force AXS Quarq. Had the DZero for a year and a half. It’s been flawless. I have 5 Quarqs (er, 6 now). All have been excellent

addictR1

by addictR1

sandbox wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:36 pm
Have it and love it. In fact, just upgraded to a Force AXS Quarq. Had the DZero for a year and a half. It’s been flawless. I have 5 Quarqs (er, 6 now). All have been excellent
how about the weight? are these lighter than P2M or other crank base type?

AZR3

by AZR3

addictR1 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:37 am
sandbox wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:36 pm
how about the weight? are these lighter than P2M or other crank base type?
My DZero 5x110bcd weighed 121.7g, my NGeco is 157.1g, both weighed with batteries

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

I have used my quarq riken for over 6 years now through rain and snow, still works great. Not sure you will gain anything switching from stages to quarq

jlok

by jlok

I have used DZero, DFour91 and the Red AXS DZero. Zero issue. Just work. Never worried about reliability. I heard one case saying the battery cap seized but it never happen on any of my 4 units, even with regular splash washing my bikes. Glad to see Quarq make no change to the proven design of the battery compartment. (just see how important it is by looking at Vector 3...)
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Jugi

by Jugi

I have two Red Quarqs, 110BCD on my road bike and 130BCD on my TT bike, both with GXP axles. I have witnessed some very rare dropouts (suddenly power and cadence readings go to zero and after a couple of seconds pick up again) and changing chainrings can be tedious if the inner ring can't be manipulated over the Quarq spindle (have to remove crank from BB, in some cases have to then remove spindle from axle and then chainring from spindle), but apart from those small niggles, can't really fault them. They just seem to work, both on the software and hardware side.

addictR1

by addictR1

Wow I thought it would be more heavier. I had thought maybe stages would be the lightest way to go?

Jugi: the drop out issue I have experienced with my current stages with 810. I heard when using out in front mount, that tends to happen and Garmin suggests I do a master reset.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pinguin

by Pinguin

I use a Quarq on Mtb,its doesnt work after 3-400km,Sram send me a new Unit and it works now a year without probs
If i now need a new Pm i would go with Pedals like Assiomas
Much easier to change if you buy a new bike,also the lightest option for a Pm

AndreLM

by AndreLM

addictR1 wrote:Wow I thought it would be more heavier. I had thought maybe stages would be the lightest way to go?
The weights quoted a few posts above are for the spider only. You must add cranks, spindle and chainrings.

A Stages crankarm would definetely be lighter than a spider based PM.

Enviado de meu SM-G950F usando o Tapatalk

Hexsense

by Hexsense

For BB86, just get the newest DUB spindle.
"Quarq Dzero DUB"

it has some update over the original Dzero including feature called "MagicZero™".
https://www.quarq.com/dzerodub/

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

I can't speak to personally measured weights, but I've had a SRAM Red (originally 10spd!) Quarq for years -- I admit I made the choice in part based on emotion, as the creator was an MIT alum. But it's been bombproof across three frames and different bottom brackets over the years, in many conditions. I'd like more heads-up on when the coin battery is getting low, but that's a small complaint. There have been the very occasional burps in transmitting and calibration, but it's measured in line with the watts measured on my Elite smart trainer.

So basically, a vote of confidence. Hope that helps!

surfinguru

by surfinguru

Very happy with mine. I started with the PowerTap P1's when they were first released. Never really had any technical problems with them, I just didn't get along with the cleats.
2014 Tarmac Pro -eTap Red

surfinguru

by surfinguru

Speaking of DZero's, has anyone updated their firmware to 10? I see it's been available since July 3, but wondering if anyone has had any issues related to the update?
2014 Tarmac Pro -eTap Red

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

goodboyr

by goodboyr

I've updated mine. It's working fine. Apparently this installs the "Magic Zero" update that eliminates the need to perform zero offsets. Seems to work great.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk