Pirelli BAD Customer Service

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
petromyzon

by petromyzon

Tyres are a consumable. Deal with it.

by Weenie

Sammutd88

by Sammutd88

That's damage from nicking something, not a manufacturing defect. Get over it. If money is an issue, don't ride on top-end racing clincher tyres. Go and buy cheap tyres and enjoy the heavy, wooden ride. Seriously..........if I were Pirelli I wouldn't bother with your claim either. They've done 2500km.

tarmackev

by tarmackev

If that happened to me after 20 miles i'd take the hit. Not the tyres fault, the roads are full of all kinds of debris and its 99% youve hot something, you may not even feel it.
As has been said tyres are consumable.
You can't possibly see everything you ride over, could have been caused by glass or a stone that you never even felt.

The distance ridden on the tyre is irrelevant.

c60rider

by c60rider

I think if you're expecting a refund/redress from the manufacturer then you have to prove that the damage was there from the start or it has occurred due to a manufacturing fault. I don't think you have any chance of proving either and I certainly wouldn't expect to be able to. As others have said the roads are so poor with all sorts of debris on that you don't really know or can see and it's just one of those things. Buy a heavier and tougher tyre if you want it to be more durable but even then there's only so much any tyre can take before damage will occur. It can be the first ride you go on or when it's almost worn out all the tread.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

I think the OP is clear now... I feel a bit bad, we should lay off him. We have all been annoyed by items not lasting (for whatever reason) and vented. Let's give him a break.
Your cycling kit is one size too big!

Billiano

by Billiano

Sammutd88 wrote:That's damage from nicking something, not a manufacturing defect. Get over it. If money is an issue, don't ride on top-end racing clincher tyres. Go and buy cheap tyres and enjoy the heavy, wooden ride. Seriously..........if I were Pirelli I wouldn't bother with your claim either. They've done 2500km.
Because money are not cheap.Or better got Christ to the cross...I went through some of your replies.You use caustic attitude but ..I found one of your answers ...400€ for a saddle...they can't be serious ..
Yes they are if you want it pay it.Leave the characters evaluations.

I can get many tyres .Conti GP the simple folding ones.Or Ultrasports.for 20€ or 12€.I paid 36.And I want quality.

The shop told me that the matter is known....

So have a nice day.Guy of 1.65. cause I am 1.81 85kg and need the tyre to be solid.In your kgs obviously you are sailing.,ImageImage

Στάλθηκε από το MI 6 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Billiano

by Billiano

c60rider wrote:I think if you're expecting a refund/redress from the manufacturer then you have to prove that the damage was there from the start or it has occurred due to a manufacturing fault. I don't think you have any chance of proving either and I certainly wouldn't expect to be able to. As others have said the roads are so poor with all sorts of debris on that you don't really know or can see and it's just one of those things. Buy a heavier and tougher tyre if you want it to be more durable but even then there's only so much any tyre can take before damage will occur. It can be the first ride you go on or when it's almost worn out all the tread.
Dear friend I usually take care of my Basso and riding in good terrain.
It did not have a scratch ,just opened.

Billiano

by Billiano

RTW wrote:I think the OP is clear now... I feel a bit bad, we should lay off him. We have all been annoyed by items not lasting (for whatever reason) and vented. Let's give him a break.
Thank you but everything is fine.I hope that they will not have their own ego hurt, guys that blame me,when they face the same situation.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

This is not a warranty as other have said. This is sidewall damage most likely caused by a stone on the road or hole. The trye may not be robust enough for you but its not a warranty. It does puzzle me how cyclist think there tyres must last forever without damage just because they are relatively expensive. Bicycle tyres are light and thin walled and quite fragile. they need smooth roads with no debris or they get damaged.

AJS914

by AJS914

Billiano wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:51 pm
I can get many tyres .Conti GP the simple folding ones.Or Ultrasports.for 20€ or 12€.I paid 36.And I want quality.

Just buy those Conti GPs. They are a fantastic tire. Inexpensive. They are within 2 watts as fast as the GP4000 and 4 watts from the GP5000.

Billiano

by Billiano

I had them nearly a season without a flat tyre and generally good traction.

But Pirellies grip better as they do on my Ducati.

I like the Italian products...

ToughInTheStreets

by ToughInTheStreets

Owns a Basso and a Ducati yet is trying to make a warranty claim on a 36€ tire with 2500km's. I am starting to think you're trolling us. Just buy a new tire and move on with it

AJS914

by AJS914

Pirelli tires are made in France. My guess is that you are not exceeding the cornering limits of a Grand Prix tire. It has the same black chili compound of the GP4000.

Billiano

by Billiano

For sure.,

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Billiano wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:51 pm
]Because money are not cheap.
So don't buy expensive tyres. They're not stronger.
And I want quality.
Quality is not the same as durability or puncture resistance. Some of the most expensive tyres are also the most fragile.

by Weenie