Pirelli BAD Customer Service

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Billiano wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:57 pm
I hope that they will not have their own ego hurt, guys that blame me,when they face the same situation.
I've faced that same situation. I bought a new tyre without moaning, because my ego didn't demand that the world owed me something for my bad luck.

Billiano

by Billiano

Karvalo wrote:
Billiano wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:57 pm
I hope that they will not have their own ego hurt, guys that blame me,when they face the same situation.
I've faced that same situation. I bought a new tyre without moaning, because my ego didn't demand that the world owed me something for my bad luck.
Eventually I'll do.Image

Στάλθηκε από το MI 6 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Valy

by Valy

Is the sidewall damage a red herring? Because the bead wrap is coming off quite a lot here.

As for the sidewall - non issue. You got unlucky with that and it sucks. I've had a corsa cut after 100km and could not use it afterwards.

As a side not for unlucky punctures: that's on Corsa G1. Thought it was the duck tape giving out on a sidewall cut similar to OP as it deflated, nope. For the record - the sidewall cut the same tire has, was addressed by some gorrila tape on the inside and has lasted incredibly well for over 800km with no signs of failing. #impressed Now my stem has a strip on it at all times - as you can forget the toolkit but not your stem. It seems at least! ImageImageImageImage

Billiano

by Billiano

I did the same you did with the tape with the Parktool patch..But the patch is a little bulky and caused a small hole in the tube.
And I did use it for some KMs.
I also did placed some super glue in the tearing.
Anyway I have to get one new.
I like the comfort of the tyre .
And the grip.

But since it is new in the market we would like some additional protection on the sidewalls.

Anyway thank you all.
But the main reason is that companies should answer.And shops to cover customers

Sammutd88

by Sammutd88

Billiano wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:51 pm
Sammutd88 wrote:That's damage from nicking something, not a manufacturing defect. Get over it. If money is an issue, don't ride on top-end racing clincher tyres. Go and buy cheap tyres and enjoy the heavy, wooden ride. Seriously..........if I were Pirelli I wouldn't bother with your claim either. They've done 2500km.
Because money are not cheap.Or better got Christ to the cross...I went through some of your replies.You use caustic attitude but ..I found one of your answers ...400€ for a saddle...they can't be serious ..
Yes they are if you want it pay it.Leave the characters evaluations.

I can get many tyres .Conti GP the simple folding ones.Or Ultrasports.for 20€ or 12€.I paid 36.And I want quality.

The shop told me that the matter is known....

So have a nice day.Guy of 1.65. cause I am 1.81 85kg and need the tyre to be solid.In your kgs obviously you are sailing.,ImageImage

No idea what you're on about to be honest, nor what height or weight have to do with it (of which I'm neither of what you mention, but anyway.....). But regardless, accept the truth, you nicked the tyre, it sucks....go buy a new one. No need to needlessly attack me for telling you the cold, hard reality. Grow up.

WinterRider

by WinterRider

Pull your head in.

Neff.

Yes.. some looks user caused. Some does not. Wear sounds good.

Customer.. just move on. I've been there.. w Panti-Racers.. they do not care. You only get your shorts all raveled in the end.. waste of energy.. better spent riding ON.
Litespeed 2000 Appalachian 61 cm
Litespeed 1998 Blue Ridge 61cm

Fitness rider.. 1 yr from seven decades age.

That is my story and I'm stick'n to it.

Billiano

by Billiano

I would like to tell you that the Greek importer. Mr Gatsoulis helped me and provided the guarantee from old ones to buy new tyres.
Thank you Giannis.

And you can all buy from him since he has got a site.

Στάλθηκε από το VOG-L29 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk