Pirelli BAD Customer Service

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Billiano

by Billiano

Dear friends

I do not like being grumpy :x :x
But I guess that's the way today.

I got from Lordgun a pair of Pzero 25mm Clinchers.Perfect grip and comfort cause they ballooned up to 27mm.
After 2500Km the front is perfect and the rear also in perfect tread condition without much wear.

But suddenly I saw 2 vertical cuts on the sidewalls of the rear.(I will attach pics).
The inside in intact.But I cannot keep in mind if it will blow off. :shock: :shock:

I sent some pics to Lordgun's Customer Service. John politely told me that he will do his best to help me.
So he passed the pics to Pirelli.

After a month I did a call back.Still no reply from Pirelli.So I cannot get a tyre.
That is the case.
Just be aware of that because Pzeros sidewalls are a known issue to them and also that they do not give a help until a compound review.

Perhaps if there are others too ,we could get some help or a loud voice because 80€ for a pair of tyres and no support is a matter.

Just for the story <100psi and before anyone notice..I have cut the rubber hairpins with nail clippers to avoid frame scratches. :smartass: :smartass: ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Στάλθηκε από το MI 6 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

by Weenie

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Looks like it could be pothole damage to me, or that you may have knicked it on something.

I sliced a pair of 120 Euro tyres after 200km. It wasn't anyone's fault but the state of the road in the UK, and my poor decision to ride 'race' clinchers with soft compounds for grip and feel, but expecting them to be robust like a set of gatorskins.

Knicking the sidewall after 2500km is bad luck, but hardly something to freak out about in my opinion. I'd put a boot in there and keep riding it.

Edited - it wrote off the latex tubes too in my case. I replaced them with........ P-Zeros and had no probs! :lol:
Your cycling kit is one size too big!

montana05

by montana05

By the way Lordgun is where you purchased the tyres: consumer right say they should deal with you: Pirelli is irrelevant: only to Lordgun cause they'll have to deal with them.

robeambro

by robeambro

Instead of wasting a good hour writing this rant, why don't you contact Pirelli and chase Lordgun?

Also, you don't even know if the damage occurred naturally due to crappy roads (it's not that it cannot happen just cause the tyres are new..), and yet you bash the manufacturer very loudly. That's hardly mature.

Billiano

by Billiano

You are right about my loudly immature behaviour.But I just settled back for a month after getting the answer from Lordgun that it is Pirelli's thing to fix it.

I guess after some answers here that I have to turn my head to the other direction of Lordgun.

ebsilon

by ebsilon

Just like the Michelin’s I am running.

It is always a cut through the side wall that kills my tires

Ciaoooo

Moller
Speed of Lite

wingguy

by wingguy

Billiano wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:38 am
That’s a snakebite. You did that. Pirelli have absolutely no responsibility for that damage.

Ok, maybe Pirelli should have sent back an email saying that, but sometimes if companies spend time responding to every customer who broke something and wants their mistake fixed for free they’d never get anything else done. To be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised if Lordgun never even passed your details to Pirelli because they already know there’s no warranty issue here.

AJS914

by AJS914

I agree. The second picture isn't a tire defect. It's just bad luck. I've repaired many of those with an old piece of tire casing as a boot and some super glue. I have similar hole on a continental right now that didn't go all the way through. I just super glued it together on the outside.

The larger consern is the first picture posed where it looks like the bead is coming unraveled or cut. Do your rims have sharp bead hooks (Enve maybe)?

micky

by micky

Could be a rim's fault, agree with poster above.
But after 2.500kms not sure it will fit the bill for a warranty?
Many things can happen in 2.500 kms.

Billiano

by Billiano

AJS914 wrote:I agree. The second picture isn't a tire defect. It's just bad luck. I've repaired many of those with an old piece of tire casing as a boot and some super glue. I have similar hole on a continental right now that didn't go all the way through. I just super glued it together on the outside.

The larger consern is the first picture posed where it looks like the bead is coming unraveled or cut. Do your rims have sharp bead hooks (Enve maybe)?
Can you post or DM me the pics to see how is done.Thanks

Billiano

by Billiano

The unparallel line in the tyre is because I used an inner patch from Parktool to avoid having the tyre teared appart and getting the tube out and finally a flat tyre.

So in a way I did vulcanised the tyre.

ToughInTheStreets

by ToughInTheStreets

2500 km's is quite a bit... lots can happen in that distance. I for one have been unfortunate enough to slice tires wide open within the first week of installing them.

I suggest you either throw a $3 tire boot on the inside of the sidewall and call it a day or simply replace it if you're that worried about it. Just my opinion though.

AJS914

by AJS914

Billiano wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:32 pm
AJS914 wrote:I agree. The second picture isn't a tire defect. It's just bad luck. I've repaired many of those with an old piece of tire casing as a boot and some super glue. I have similar hole on a continental right now that didn't go all the way through. I just super glued it together on the outside.

Can you post or DM me the pics to see how is done.Thanks
Just deflate and put a drop of super glue on the area that is knicked. That will glue together the spot so it doesn't come apart further. If you think the area is too thin you could put a patch on the inside.

This area is the area of concern. I'm not sure I'd ride this.

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

so you want them to sent you a new tire after 2500km?

by Weenie

Billiano

by Billiano

Yes..or it should be stated.
Nice grip but use it only for 1000km.
So fix the price for 1000km.

Actually less than 2000.But I was feeling generous