Tarmac Sl6: Downtube Di2 Junction Box

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

GeeTee

by GeeTee

I have a new S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc Frameset coming which I'm going to build up with Di2. On my 2020 Roubaix, the Di2 Junciton box / Charging point is on the downtube.

When building it up, is it possible to have the junction box on the downtube rather than in the bar end?

(See attached photos.)
Attachments
specialized-s-works-tarmac-frame-detail_0.jpg
cannondale-synapse-hi-mod-disc-dura-ace-di2-uci-sticker-and-electronic-shifting-control.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

moyboy

by moyboy

Not big enough to fit the handlebar end junction box.

GeeTee

by GeeTee

Sorry, I should’ve been more clear. I understand that it won’t fit the handlebar in junction box but wondered about a specific down tube junction box? They must have them because there is one on the Roubaix.

whatleytom

by whatleytom

There is only one internal junction box of this type. The one on the downtube of your Roubaix is just the handlebar end junction box, repurposed with a cover which sits over the top. The SL6 doesn't have the space cut out in the downtube to allow that same junction box to be located there. Unless you want to start cutting carbon its not going to happen.

GeeTee

by GeeTee

Ok, so that'll be a no then. ;-)

Miles253

by Miles253

GeeTee wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:05 am
Ok, so that'll be a no then. ;-)
Unfortunately, it looks like this feature won't come in until the next update to the Tarmac - whenever that is - which is a shame.
Specialized S-Works Venge Disc | 7.8kg
Rose Backroad | 9kg (Deceased R.I.P.)
Canyon Ultimate CF SL | 7.7kg

https://www.findyourroad.co.uk/
Instagram: @miles_bc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sychen

by sychen

whatleytom wrote:There is only one internal junction box of this type. The one on the downtube of your Roubaix is just the handlebar end junction box, repurposed with a cover which sits over the top. The SL6 doesn't have the space cut out in the downtube to allow that same junction box to be located there. Unless you want to start cutting carbon its not going to happen.
Or you hack the di2 bar end junction box to fit a 3d printed part. Can't see why it can't be done for anyone who's good with circuits and some 3d printing.

No ready made options I'm afraid.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk