Aero Helmet

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
okimy

by okimy

spdntrxi wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:01 pm
I just got a GC changer after using Evade 1 and 2 for years....

I will tell you I miss the magnetic chin clasp... alot. The GC fits my head a little better (more round I think) I wear a medium in both. My GC weighed 266g so not too bad, but it really looks small so I think it would have been less. The GC feels pretty aero to me, you really dont feel it hitting the wind. I will tell you the main reason why I'm trying it is because it's reported not to drip sweat down the front the brow so much and so far it's working pretty well in that regard. I can even go back to wearing my many pairs of Oakleys that I stopped wearing because they have a tendency to pool.

I was a pretty hot day/morning and I would say it was no worse then the Evade2 in that cooling dept... need more hot rides though... high was only 86F so far

oh and sunglass storage in the back is a big plus. I tend not to remove my glasses riding... but if you are a coffeeshop stopper.. big +
Thanks for sharing your experience. Since I've never had a magnetic buckle I'll be fine without. Weight is still less than my non aero helmet so that's a plus for me.

rostarun

by rostarun

Just got my Met Trenta 3k (medium) sad to report it weighed in at 278g. Not sure what the deal is.... :-(

by Weenie

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

rostarun wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:41 am
Just got my Met Trenta 3k (medium) sad to report it weighed in at 278g. Not sure what the deal is.... :-(
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:43 am
Keep in mind that CEN helmets are often lighter than CPSC helmets are lighter than AZ/NZS helmets. My CPSC MET Trenta 3K is nearly 300g when the CEN version is around 220g.

Which market/region are you in?

rostarun

by rostarun

Colorado

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

rostarun wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:34 am
Colorado

Yep, US market helmets need to withstand heavier impacts than EU helmets. That’s one reason why it took until now for the Trenta 3K to become available here. My Aether and Vanquish are both lighter than my Trenta 3K IIRC.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

The helmet i would say (honestly) make me feel (am i affect by the abracadabra virus?) a difference was when i bought Casco SpeedAiro.
I just feel i can't handle the absolut "turning heads factor" this helmet come with.
If you can, it's well worth considering.
I guess it's the flush flow the shield to helmet have. You just feel this (or you may laugh and say, abracadabra virus!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2018.12.21)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=156137
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D

rostarun

by rostarun

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:43 am
rostarun wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:34 am
Colorado

Yep, US market helmets need to withstand heavier impacts than EU helmets. That’s one reason why it took until now for the Trenta 3K to become available here. My Aether and Vanquish are both lighter than my Trenta 3K IIRC.
I rode it this morning and I love it. Anybody have tips on how to pick up the EU version in the states?