11 or 12 Etap for Addict 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Pinguin

by Pinguin

Hi
I go with these framesethttps://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.bikera ... C1uGhbMydC
I dont need 12 gears,eleven is cheaper and compatible with Shimano Parts
Only worries about the spare Parts of the older Etap
I read there are problems with the rear derailier and mayby in two years theres no spare Parts available?
Thats my only concerns with the eleven Etap
2020-Scott-Addict-RC-road-bike_lightweight-aero-carbon-all-rounder-road-race-bike_frameset-NDS.jpg

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

If you’re going Disc, di2 is lighter than eTap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pinguin

by Pinguin

VTR1000SP2 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:36 pm
If you’re going Disc, di2 is lighter than eTap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know,but 11 Etap is cheaper,i also have a Srm Sram Crank for 11Speed

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

I have etap AXS 12 speed and it works well. If you don't need 12 gears then Di2 is a better shifting more reliable lighter system.

edit
If you have the sram crank then get etap. The systems are very close in performance at the top end.
Ride fast Take chances

hannawald

by hannawald

12 is heavy:( i would go 11 not to add more weight to disc setup.

Pinguin

by Pinguin

hannawald wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:49 pm
Its the same https://ccache.cc/blogs/newsroom/2019-r ... comparison

Pinguin

by Pinguin

Or is mechanical Red22 the better Choice?

yinzerniner

by yinzerniner

What is the priority?
DI2 and etap both shift smoothly. DI2 is faster and more reliable. ETAP is easier to setup and charge. 12 speed etap should only be considered for the the better FD clearance, clutch RD and app based setup. The shifting is slightly faster but not worth the upcharge IMO.

If you must have electronic for the addict I’d go with DI2. If your were building a cross or gravel bike then would recommend AXS.

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Is Di2 really more reliable? There are more parts exposed which means it can fail easier than Etap.

I'm obviously not comparing quality, which shimano is quite good at keeping high.

Boshk

by Boshk

Pinguin wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:07 am
if you want 'lightest' groupset, everyone will agree Red mech is the lightest, around 1800g I think excluding cables.

If you want to match, you really don't have a choice, eTap 11 speed.

If you don't mind a shimano sram combo and don't mind wires, di2 would work well, all components readily available
you would only need a cassette (Ultegra, DA or XG1190) and Ultegra R8050 di2 upgrade kit, I'm pretty sure di2 is cheaper than 11 spd eTap.

XCProMD

by XCProMD

alcatraz wrote:Is Di2 really more reliable? There are more parts exposed which means it can fail easier than Etap.

I'm obviously not comparing quality, which shimano is quite good at keeping high.
I wonder this too. So far eTap has had the intermittently unresponsive RD bug, but we were able to resurrect a couple of those just cleaning the parallelogram pivot pins over here.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Pinguin wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:38 pm
hannawald wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:49 pm
Its the same https://ccache.cc/blogs/newsroom/2019-r ... comparison
It isn't unless you're happy with 100% stock setup (and even then the AXS is heavier, albeit no by much :D).
1st, cache.cc don't include brake hoses + fluid in the weight (except for Etap HRD), that's some 30g extra
2nd, when you factor in significantly heavier cassette and chain (where you can use any 11 speed chain in sub 220g territory vs the SRAM-only 12 speed one), not to mention replacement costs, the Etap HRD is in way better situation;
3rd, much of the AXS "internal advantage" vs Etap HRD comes from the cranks - even if you heep SRAM cranks, you have various chainring options for Etap HRD, from the very light ones to solid weight-performance (such as Praxis), vs AXS which accepts only SRAM chainrings.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

Pinguin

by Pinguin

Boshk wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:08 am
Pinguin wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:07 am
if you want 'lightest' groupset, everyone will agree Red mech is the lightest, around 1800g I think excluding cables.

If you want to match, you really don't have a choice, eTap 11 speed.

If you don't mind a shimano sram combo and don't mind wires, di2 would work well, all components readily available
you would only need a cassette (Ultegra, DA or XG1190) and Ultegra R8050 di2 upgrade kit, I'm pretty sure di2 is cheaper than 11 spd eTap.
Yes Red mech is my wishgroup,light,cheap and it works
I only not shure if the function of shipping is as good as on a not full integrated frame
The friction of the shifting houses is what makes me thinking about it

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

I still chuckle at the pervasiveness of the "etap is slower than Di2" anecdotes. I have ridden many dozens of bikes equipped with both and not just around the block either. While Di2 could be measured with a timing device to be faster, (and it is).........it is nothing that will make any kind of difference on the road. Seriously. It isn't even really perceptible.
Never cheer before you know who is winning