Veloflex corsa/master mounted width

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

naylor343

by naylor343

So, my go to wheels are dura ace 9000 with pacenti sl23 front, forza rear. My frame is a 2009 TCR and has limited clearance at the chainstays. The maximum mounted tyre width I am looking for is 27mm. After plenty of reading, I am keen to try the veloflex corsa/master 25mm.

Anyone out there can tell me the mounted width on a forza or another 20c internal width rim?

Thanks in advance.

jeanjacques

by jeanjacques

On my 20mm internal rim, Master 28c mesured 27mm at the beginning and expanded to 28,5mm. Friend's 25c on 18mm internal are exactly 25mm after some hundreds kilometers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

naylor343

by naylor343

Merci Jean-Jacques.

25 seems good, should mount at a about 26mm possibly 26.5mm.

Second question, is the tread wide enough to corner safely on a 20mm internal rim? I ask this as i had been looking at Hutchinson 25mm tyres but was advised that the tread width was not sufficient for a rim this wide. Online photos seem to show an ample tread width, it looks like the sides where the veloflex logo is printed either side is all usable tread. Problem is not knowing the rim size that it is pictured on.

jeanjacques

by jeanjacques

I think there is no problem, at least there were fine on this kind of gravel trip:

Also made 8th Strava descending time on Alto Campo, 925D- at 80km/h, under the rain... https://www.strava.com/segments/8444098

Now on gf bike, I came back to Compass 32c but if Veloflex make a wider tire, I will be a client.

naylor343

by naylor343

Wow, that is some 'gravel' ride, more like VTT territory, great job on a road bike!