Venge Pro frame = S Works Venge frame?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

anykarthik

by anykarthik

With the same handlebar and stem length, the two frames should fit identically. The aerofly might have a different reach number than what is on the tarmac. But the frames are identical in geometry.

Also the stem, handlebar and seatpost on the Pro all have the sworks logo on them. The frame doesn't but all signs point to it being the same as the sworks

ancker

by ancker

With the vast majority (in the US) of rides being done with minimal or moderate elevation gain, aerodynamics are far more important than weight in most situations.
Given the identical fit between the Venge and Tarmac, the 'better' frame in just about everyone's case is the Venge.

(Disclaimer: Everyone is free to like/buy/ride/hate whatever frame they want.)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Boshk

by Boshk

ancker wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:00 pm
With the vast majority (in the US) of rides being done with minimal or moderate elevation gain, aerodynamics are far more important than weight in most situations.
Given the identical fit between the Venge and Tarmac, the 'better' frame in just about everyone's case is the Venge.

(Disclaimer: Everyone is free to like/buy/ride/hate whatever frame they want.)
So pretty much 'aero' frame with aero 50mm+ wheels would be better for majority of people unless of course they like/can climb constantly for over an hour or 2......

I had a look at their website, the Venge geometry is slightly different but only in millimetres...
size 54:
Venge= Stack 534mm, Reach 387mm, Head tube 133mm
Tarmac=Stack 544mm, Reach 384mm, Head tube 143mm

Of course these are just basic numbers, doesn't talk about stem, spacers, bars etc etc

I honestly did think about Venge instead of Tarmac, but that extra 10mm on Stack and Head tube for the tarmac and the 3mm( I know, only 3mm) less in reach, makes me think, Tarmac would be more 'comfortable'.....and considering how many people say, just a few millimetres can make a huge difference....

AJS914

by AJS914

My understanding is that once you use the required aero spacer on the Venge the geometry becomes equal. In the end, there is very little aero difference between a Venge and a Tarmac that has an integrated aero bar/stem (assuming same wheels). It's down to small exposed sections of brake cable and/or derailleur cable if you use mechanical. Just get the one you like better.

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

Spacers will make the venges reach shorter. The main thing with the venge is that the total possible stack is lower with the available stems. If you are within the range of adjustment then the two will be very similar. Specialized fudges the true numbers to reflect marketing.

The venge tarmac and roubaix all have identical geometry according to specialized but are slightly different and have individual handle characteristics.

I believe that all the frames come out of the same mold with the same layup, but the S-Works are best QC frames that can be left raw and weight less. Each frame will vary in weight and cosmetic look.
Ride fast Take chances