Short reach aero handlebar recommendations

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Kanga

by Kanga

BagelMaster wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:10 pm
Kanga wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:50 am
The one hiccup I had in the ordering process is that when I ordered my bars from trevs cycle shop they actually sent me an incorrect set. \
Hi Kanga, where are you located? Does Trevs ship to the States?
I'm in Australia. I got it shipped from New Zealand for 60 NZD. Best contact him and ask.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BagelMaster

by BagelMaster

Kanga wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:33 am
BagelMaster wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:10 pm
Kanga wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:50 am
The one hiccup I had in the ordering process is that when I ordered my bars from trevs cycle shop they actually sent me an incorrect set. \
Hi Kanga, where are you located? Does Trevs ship to the States?
I'm in Australia. I got it shipped from New Zealand for 60 NZD. Best contact him and ask.
Ah, that would likely bring it up to nearly the prices of other bars in the ballpark in the States. Thanks!

pmprego

by pmprego

Recovering "old" threads. Regarding the zipp being non di2 internally possible, what does it mean? I get that it cant run the di2 cable within the stem but for instance, on a sl7 which houses the charging port in the seatpost, the wires connecting the hoods can still be routed inside the handlebar, come out of it and then route them beneath the sl7 stem, no?

Rkreddevil

by Rkreddevil

Yes, that should be possible. In SL7 thread, around page 195 mark, you can see a picture of SL7 with Zipp SL70.

HappyGuy

by HappyGuy

The Specialized Comp stem is handy when trying to determine which stem angle to go with.

https://mikesbikes.com/products/special ... o1EALw_wcB
2016 Time Skylon w/Sram Force 22 and Boyd 60's
2020 Merida 8000e w/Sram Force AXS and Token 52's

IvanZg

by IvanZg

Profile Design DRV/AEROa

36cm hoods (38cm drops), drive 105mm @70 EUR

I did not find many reviews on these set of handlebars so I’d like to write a few words that might help someone else in a search for short reach handlebars.

In this width (which is measured center to center of the hoods) they come with reach of 70mm. Previously I’ve used ZIPP sl70 aero in 38cm width and they feel the same when it comes to comfort. (no excessive road buzz feeling, do not have an issue with them being a bit narrower them my pervious set) They even fit me better in the drops then sl70. I run them wrapped with bar tape to a point where brake hoses enters inside of the bar so have some section of “aero” profile exposed. I do like how that exposed ovalized section feels if I ride on top of the bars. Hood section allows tightening torque of max 10Nm. I used 6Nm and do not have any slippage issues (I’m 71kg)
Routing di2 cables and brake hoses was not very complicated even with this width.
Cables exit handlebars at position of 9 o’clock when looking at the bike form drive side. Visually neater solution would be if that slot was cut at 6 or 7 hour position.

They are heavy! Around 320g for smallest version

The plan was to use them until I can get my hands on PRO PLT ERGO CARBON but I’ll be keeping these regardless the weight.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

PRO PLT Ergo Carbon Handlebar
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Algreen

by Algreen