Cannondale SuperSix Evo HM 2020 Custom Build

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

brusselsprouts

by brusselsprouts

What a beautiful build. Everything is spot on.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

You need to take pictures outside, inside lighting doesn't give the paint the credit it deserves. :thumbup:

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Dan Gerous wrote:You need to take pictures outside, inside lighting doesn't give the paint the credit it deserves. :thumbup:
I agree.....just did not get a chance today with rain, cloudy and kids.....

Tomorrow lunchtime looks better already and will see that I can take some pictures then. The color really comes out when the sun hits it.

Currently it is just hanging on my wall and waiting/begging to be used....Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

You have such a nice collection of bikes!! Have I missed build threads for them or have you not done any? I'd love to see more of the Parlee

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Thank you...I do have to smuggle them past my wife. :)

Did not do a build thread for the Parlee, as its not really WW and the frame was a crash replacement from Parlee after damaging previous frame in a Pothole coming down from the Hollywood Sign at high speed. I can take some more pictures of the Parlee as well when the Sun is out.
burglarboycie wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:11 pm
You have such a nice collection of bikes!! Have I missed build threads for them or have you not done any? I'd love to see more of the Parlee
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

bet1216

by bet1216

Great looking bike! What bar/stem combo did you go with? Enve aero stem maybe? Can we have some close ups of the cockpit?

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Thank you. Will take more pictures once the correct wheelset arrives, which hopefully be before the end of the week.

The Stem and bar are both the Aero Version from Enve. Sure I can save some significant weight if I choose to go more with a classic stem and bar; however the Enve Aero bars work for me very well, especially that they are just slightly flared out on the side, which makes any bike I ride that has this cockpit style instantly more comfterable for me, plus I trust it more. And as I m 90kg, heading down to 80kg hopefully, I want to ensure that the front end is stiff and just feel solid to me.

Will do a final bikefit as well, as I came from a Tarmac SL6 in Size 56, and the fit was transferred pretty much over when the local shop build it, but it feels like it just needs a little finetuning. 3
bet1216 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:01 am
Great looking bike! What bar/stem combo did you go with? Enve aero stem maybe? Can we have some close ups of the cockpit?

Strava
Instagram

M4lukz

by M4lukz

alexneumuller wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:08 pm
Dan Gerous wrote:You need to take pictures outside, inside lighting doesn't give the paint the credit it deserves. :thumbup:

Tomorrow lunchtime looks better already and will see that I can take some pictures then. The color really comes out when the sun hits it.

Quite a bit off-topic, but where did you get those bike racks from? quite curious, thanks!

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/top ... gL6UvD_BwE

M4lukz wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:48 pm
alexneumuller wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:08 pm

Quite a bit off-topic, but where did you get those bike racks from? quite curious, thanks!

Strava
Instagram

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Update : The correct wheels have arrived. DT Swiss 25th Anniversary with weight shown with just rimtape installed, but no rotor or cassette, tires and so on. ImageImage

Strava
Instagram

TomSte

by TomSte

Brilliant bike, Alex! Congratulations!
I like it even with the low rims. Looks quite fast!
Could you please tell me, how you solved the DI2 cable routing at the bottom bracket? Did you use a bracket with a shell?
I also want to update my S6 Evo with DI2, but I'm a little bit afraid that the cables might abrade on the rotating spindle, when there is no shell.
Thx for your feedback!

Bluechip

by Bluechip

Does anyone know the torque for the speed release thru axle's on the 2020 SuperSix? I couln't find it in the online manuals and the interactive diagram app I think showed 7nm but that seems low to me.

TomSte

by TomSte

The inscription on my axles says 11NM...

Bluechip

by Bluechip

TomSte wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:48 pm
The inscription on my axles says 11NM...
Doh!! How did I miss that.

Double Doh! Sorry for posting to this thread. I meant to ask on the other SSEvo thread.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spartan

by spartan

where did you but those wheelsets from ?
alexneumuller wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:29 pm
Update : The correct wheels have arrived. DT Swiss 25th Anniversary with weight shown with just rimtape installed, but no rotor or cassette, tires and so on. ImageImage

Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7