Cannondale SuperSix Evo HM 2020 Custom Build

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Wheels were purchased from Edelrad.de

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

floppyb

by floppyb

I'm surpised those rims are only 18m interal width. Thought the industry was moving towards wider. What size tyres are you running on them?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

floppyb wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:30 am
I'm surpised those rims are only 18m interal width. Thought the industry was moving towards wider. What size tyres are you running on them?
DT Swiss have always lagged a bit behind in that regard... but given the priority of these wheels was probably low weight, it's not entirely surprising. They probably don't expect consumers of these to ride very wide (read heavier) tires anyway, and being so shallow, aero was probably not a priority either.

mancampmartin

by mancampmartin

I've been combing through this thread as I am in a similar situation.

Just picked up a 2020 Supersix Evo Hi-Mod Disc Di2 and looking for some advice on how to cut weight. It seems like low hanging fruit might be to consider doing away with the Vision FSA chanring and Power2Max power meter for a Cannondale SpiderRing and 4iiii Precision meter. I see you went with the Exralite rings. Are those even lighter? Next up is likely a cockpit revision, I'm just running the stock Hollowgram Knot Stem and Systembar currently. Love how it tucks cables but overall the size is quite blocky.

Dollars are less of a consideration. Really just looking for a couple alterations to get this thing sub 7kg. Appreciate any pointers.
2020 SuperSix Evo Hi-Mod
Plant Powered Pedal Pusher
:beerchug:

mancampmartin

by mancampmartin

I've been combing through this thread as I am in a similar situation.

Just picked up a 2020 Supersix Evo Hi-Mod Disc Di2 and looking for some advice on how to cut weight. It seems like low hanging fruit might be to consider doing away with the Vision FSA chanring and Power2Max power meter for a Cannondale SpiderRing and 4iiii Precision meter. I see you went with the Exralite rings. Are those even lighter? Next up is likely a cockpit revision, I'm just running the stock Hollowgram Knot Stem and Systembar currently. Love how it tucks cables but overall the size is quite blocky.

Dollars are less of a consideration. Really just looking for a couple alterations to get this thing sub 7kg. Appreciate any pointers.
2020 SuperSix Evo Hi-Mod

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

I currently have 28mm Victoria Corsa Controlled installed.

floppyb wrote:I'm surpised those rims are only 18m interal width. Thought the industry was moving towards wider. What size tyres are you running on them?

3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

The Cockpit wasn‘t my target to loose weight.....I just went with what I feel most at home with.

I had Praxis Works Chainrings on before and they were heavier. Will see how it all works out....still got the praxis ones and can always go back to them...as the extralite have some more flex in comparison

mancampmartin wrote:I've been combing through this thread as I am in a similar situation.

Strava
Instagram

mancampmartin

by mancampmartin

Got it! I realize it's all a give/get scenario. Cut some weight, lose some rigidity or comfort. Seems like you've found a pretty optimal medium.

I'll do some research on the cockpit component. I really like how this current SystemBar feels but I imagine if I swapped over to a more traditional configuration I could save some weight.

Any other suggestions or major focus areas? Perhaps looking at chain rings and crankset next?
alexneumuller wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:23 pm
The Cockpit wasn‘t my target to loose weight.....I just went with what I feel most at home with.

I had Praxis Works Chainrings on before and they were heavier. Will see how it all works out....still got the praxis ones and can always go back to them...as the extralite have some more flex in comparison

mancampmartin wrote:I've been combing through this thread as I am in a similar situation.

2020 SuperSix Evo Hi-Mod

hannawald

by hannawald

Cannondale SISL crankset incl. powermeter is pretty light from what i recall..
If you want to go really light, take Extralite wheelset (sub 1100 grams). For normal riding i would take carbon ti hubs/dt180 exp hubs with 46mm light bicycle rims. You will be sub 1400g with wheels.
For under 7kg you will need to swap the cockpit..stock one is heavy.
Take Hutchinson Fusion 11Storm Galactik 25mm tubeless tyres, pretty light and great on rolling resistance.

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Tomorrow we have sunshine I think. Will finally take some pics to showcase it better. Image

Strava
Instagram

floriansantana

by floriansantana

mancampmartin wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:30 pm
Got it! I realize it's all a give/get scenario. Cut some weight, lose some rigidity or comfort. Seems like you've found a pretty optimal medium.

I'll do some research on the cockpit component. I really like how this current SystemBar feels but I imagine if I swapped over to a more traditional configuration I could save some weight.

Any other suggestions or major focus areas? Perhaps looking at chain rings and crankset next?
alexneumuller wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:23 pm

If you want to shed some serious weight it starts with the cockpit, you can save 300g only in that. Then go tubeless or really light tubes like Tubolito, it saves you another 200g at least. From there, it gets harder to lose weight, because then only small amounts can be shed by swapping the Power2Max with the Spiderring, going for a lighter saddle, lighter rotors, and so on.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Strava
Instagram

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Love it!!

romanmoser

by romanmoser

wheels tested quite unaero on the last canyon ultimate slx evo aero test by german magazines
bikebeat 45mm would have been better choice I think

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Wasn‘t looking for Aero wheels, but pure climbing/descending wheels that I feel Good on. Plus the DT Swiss come with their new hub system.

And Must admit that I just had to google Bikebeat wheels, as I ve not Heard from them. They don’t fit my requirement so they are not an option. For Aero wheels I have a set of Hunt 45Limitless as an option. I feel they are better just from specification wise in comparison to the bikebeat

romanmoser wrote:wheels tested quite unaero on the last canyon ultimate slx evo aero test by german magazines
bikebeat 45mm would have been better choice I think

Strava
Instagram