Cannondale SuperSix Evo HM 2020 Custom Build

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

romanmoser

by romanmoser

sorry didn't mean to be rude
In my experience mid depth 35-to-50 if well designed are not more subject to wind turbulences . Not heavy and in Belgium .
COuldn't find dt swiss rim weight , they are made in Europe so shouldn't be too heavy
But I'd be damn if they are that much lighter than bike beat
The dt are annouced at 23mm external on their website , if it so , it's really old school , and even 25mm tires will be out of the bed...
Bikebeat and others people offer the rims for custom build if necessary , so you could have had dt 180 hubs on it. Just needed to wait a little , maybe not as fast as production wheels to deliver. Just thinking these would have been a better compromise considering the semi-aeroness of the whole.

Still waiting for the warranty replacement on hunt limitless 48 ? :P
Light bicycle 56mm are probably faster and lighter :p ( at least with 25mm ) with 28mm the extra wideness of hunt may make them less slow
Didn't like the move to ceramicspeed bullshit wheels bearings tough

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Normally I would agree with 35-50 rims not being a problem with side winds. However this bike will be used in a fair amount of Canyon descending in Los Angeles, and I just feel better on the bike with shallow rims. Internal width are 18mm, and weight listed are 1283grs.

And yes waiting for replacements for the Hunt wheels....but they stated December. So I m good with that.
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hannawald

by hannawald

Hi Alex,

any comparison to your previous Tarmac?
Happy with the final build?
Thanks!

Ondrej

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

I have not even been able to ride, due to spending November out with a Chest Infection....and then beginning of December I got a slipped disc in my back and now it’s Christmas. Am pretty much back to normal now.....just a little heavier. Going to start training beginning of January...but main focus is running until March, with any riding done initially indoors. Probably the first time I be riding outside is probably in March when I m in Los Angeles, but I m riding an English Cycles there, see pic below So with my current schedule probably swing my leg over it end of March. Just my luck. Image

hannawald wrote:Hi Alex,

Thanks!

Ondrej

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

sgtrobo

by sgtrobo

grnrcr wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:35 pm
Dear Cannondale,

I know you are reading this. If you offered any colorway even remotely close to what this guy has done, I’d have happily paid full retail for an Evo. Instead, I gave my money to specialized.

If any of your execs vetoed designs like this, take them out of the approval process. If your design team is not coming up with designs like this, get better designers. I know you know paint jobs sell bikes.
Dear Cannondale,

As a user who absolutely loves his previous Cannondales, I echo EXACTLY the above-mentioned user. I was even willing to pay the extra $$$ for the team frame, but it wasn't available early enough.

As a result, I am now the owner of a Specialized Tarmac, instead of a Cannondale Super6Evo.
Seriously gentlemen, pull your heads out of your hindquarters. Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to put out the most painfully boring-looking colors possible?

bet1216

by bet1216

Alex, Did you ever put together a build sheet for what you ended up with on your bike?

CLEAR

by CLEAR

alexneumuller wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:23 pm
I have not even been able to ride, due to spending November out with a Chest Infection....and then beginning of December I got a slipped disc in my back and now it’s Christmas. Am pretty much back to normal now.....just a little heavier. Going to start training beginning of January...but main focus is running until March, with any riding done initially indoors. Probably the first time I be riding outside is probably in March when I m in Los Angeles, but I m riding an English Cycles there, see pic below So with my current schedule probably swing my leg over it end of March. Just my luck. Image

Thanks!

Ondrej

That English... sorry, off topic. BUT that English...oh yummmm... :thumbup: and maybe with bottle cages so low in the triangle, moar aero? :mrgreen:

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

The English is even better looking in real, and I prefer bottle cages low....I got long arms. I m looking forward to putting on some decent miles on both of them.

CLEAR wrote:
alexneumuller wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:23 pm

Thanks!

Ondrej

That English... sorry, off topic. BUT that English...oh yummmm... :thumbup: and maybe with bottle cages so low in the triangle, moar aero? :mrgreen:

Strava
Instagram

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

No, never did....as I just made it up as I went along. But can put a basic build sheet together in the next few days
bet1216 wrote:Alex, Did you ever put together a build sheet for what you ended up with on your bike?

Strava
Instagram

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

alexneumuller wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:45 pm
The English is even better looking in real, and I prefer bottle cages low....I got long arms. I m looking forward to putting on some decent miles on both of them.
Lower bottles is apparently more aero but I also think that, when they're full, it puts the added weight lower so has a better center of gravity.

andyJC

by andyJC

Hi Alex
Stumbled across your post when I was thinking of doing something similar and have got to say you’ve done an incredible job with the build. Absolutely love it!
I have a 2017 supersix HM with rim brakes which is sub 7kg, but really want to go disc with aero wheels. Going to be interesting to see the weight difference and then the speed / handling difference when completed.

duckit

by duckit

Good day Alex,

Great build !
Can i check if the " cannondale " logo has any black outline or its just gold paint.
Thank you.

alexneumuller wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:03 pm
Just a little update....will take some outdoor pictures when it is not raining heavily.

Also it is not yet complete as I m waiting for the DTSwiss 25th Anniversary wheels which should cut about 250grs of the total weight. And yes I know I could save a fair amount of weight at the front with handlebar and stem.....but both stem and handlebar work for me really well.

Flan

by Flan

Nice bike Alex, I have the same setup, 2020 Supersix with an Enve aero stem. Wondered if you can advise what headset expander you have gone with?

rtio

by rtio

Flan,

Curious if you’ve used any spacers under the Enve aero stem and how you decided to run the cabling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk