Cannondale SuperSix Evo HM 2020 Custom Build

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spartan

by spartan

british racing green . brilliant.
what is the cost ?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3kONfMheY4/
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

scapewalker

by scapewalker

Cannondale *f##k* up more than i thought. Your awesome paint show weighs less than their super dull basic paint jobs....

C36

by C36

scapewalker wrote:Cannondale *f##k* up more than i thought. Your awesome paint show weighs less than their super dull basic paint jobs....
Well that’s very normal and actually 30-40g is way better than expected. One of the paint shop I follow on Instagram reported a tarmac with “2 paint jobs on top of each other” (at least on part of the frame) likely to correct a problem on the first attempt.

You can’t ask the same level of attention to mass produced frame, then their paint will always be more “generous” then heavier.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Alfus

by Alfus

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

No sorry, frame/fork was at the painters. FatCreations did all the removal of paint.
C36 wrote:So came 40g lighter after the Fat creation painting? Would you have by any chance the raw frame/fork weight?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Price is appropriate for the level of quality & service FatCreations provide.

Was it worth it....yes .... but everybody has a different number when they say it was worth it. And this paintjob is probably more suited to a custom frame.

Opinions are I m sure split, but as great Cannondale Cannondale bikes are, they have has some serious design issues....with their paintjobs making a frame looking like a frame from Walmart.

And I have another Cannondale .... not in their standard colour eitherImage

spartan wrote:british racing green . brilliant.
what is the cost ?

3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Few more pieces that are going on the frame. Got some Extralite chainrings hopefully arriving tomorrow to replace the Praxisworks ones.

All other parts are coming from my Tarmac.

Wheels were originally going to be the Hunt 48 Limitless, but they have had a recall. So I m using some Enve 3.4s with Chris King Hubs. The weight is with the GP5000s 25mm on them. Wheels will be replaced with the DT Swiss 25th Anniversary Wheels once they arrive in January hopefully. ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Strava
Instagram

AMGRoadster

by AMGRoadster

Alexnemuller - bike looks great. Why are you replacing the Tarmac and what Gen is it?

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

thank you AMGRoaster ....

The Tarmac I m replacing was bought in April 2018, and was a complete stock build and purchased it as it was the only one available in my size immediatley, and as I damaged a Parlee frame in a pothole in Los Angeles. Great Riding there, but some really bad roads. It is a SL6 Generation, and has around 10000km on it. Absolutley nothing wrong with the bike, and it is probably one of the best frames I have ever ridden. And it was my first ever Specialized bike and I was not dissapointed.

Replacing it as I want to try something new ..... I get bored easily .... I tend to keep custom bikes a lot longer, but normal bikes just off the rack I tend to replace after a year.
AMGRoadster wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:10 am
Alexnemuller - bike looks great. Why are you replacing the Tarmac and what Gen is it?

Strava
Instagram

bet1216

by bet1216

Any updates? I have been following this closely as I am looking to building a similar bike. I am really curious to see how your cockpit and front end go together.

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Just waiting for some new cables to be delivered. Hopefully done by end of week
bet1216 wrote:Any updates? I have been following this closely as I am looking to building a similar bike. I am really curious to see how your cockpit and front end go together.

Strava
Instagram

takos03

by takos03

We can wait that much.. :D

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Just a little update....will take some outdoor pictures when it is not raining heavily.

Also it is not yet complete as I m waiting for the DTSwiss 25th Anniversary wheels which should cut about 250grs of the total weight. And yes I know I could save a fair amount of weight at the front with handlebar and stem.....but both stem and handlebar work for me really well.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage.

Strava
Instagram

takos03

by takos03

Awesome built!!

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Nice!! If only Cannondale had gone with paint designs like this I may be on a new Supersix right now intead of joining the Aluminati

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com