Michelin or Conti or Pirelli or ... ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dmp

by dmp

I have been very happy with the power comps. I think that they are a bit less durable than the Pro4's in terms of longevity, but I have not had any of the flat problems that some people complain of (I am also only 130lbs/ 59kg, so that may make a difference). I just put a set of Vittoria Corsa Graphene's on (the older version, currently on sale at ProBike Kit for I think about $56 for a pair- great deal!) and they are fantastic.

The 23mm power comps measure 25.3mm on my wheels (Stan's 340 rims).

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Do not use Michelin Power Competition if you wheels are relatively wide.
I got side wall explosion cut that end the tire's life in less than 1000mi of each 3 Power Competition tires.
Later figured out that their center thread is narrow, and side wall is very fragile. It come into contact of the road on wide rim whenever my bike is not completely vertical.

Conti 5000 is good, their grip isn't that stellar but should still better than thick endurance focus tires.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

StanK

by StanK

sychen wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:31 pm
... Love the feel of veloflex masters.. But their braking behaviour is not the best.. Breaks loose more easily.
Best still specialized turbo cottons... Fast, durable enough.. Braking great in wet or dry...
Veloflex look interesting.
But I don't understand part with braking. Isn't that funktion of wheels (rims) and brake pads? I never got different braking after swapping tires. Unless you talk about locked-wheel braking, which I doubt somehow.

Deckar

by Deckar

Which tyre did you buy finally? I have tried gp5000 and in the beginning is very fast but it gets old quickly. The sidewall shows cuts easilly and looses their features. The "new" Michelin Power Road could be my next buy.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 5 mediante Tapatalk

bilwit

by bilwit

petromyzon wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:06 am
So, you want them light, you want them fast and you never ever want to have a puncture? You were worried that everyone would recommend Contis (because they are good?)
:lol: