Assos s9 rs vs cento evo.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

petosagan

by petosagan

Hi.

I know the cento evo is the new cento for 2019 but the design is the same than the s7 assos bibs...

The cento is more expensive than the new s9 rs, but I can have a deal on the cento evo for the same price than the s9 rs.. but dont know which one to buy.

Do you have some advices?
Thanks

Envoyé de mon SM-A530W en utilisant Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dcorn

by dcorn

I haven't ridden the cento or cento Evo, but I have both the S7 Equipe Evo and S9 RS. I'm torn between which one I like better. I think the S7 Evo has more room in the kuku region, which I prefer. The S9 is definitely more compressive just about everywhere. The S9 chamois is a bit smaller overall, like they trimmed the excess where they thought it wasn't needed. The straps feel the same, no difference in the 'support of the chamois' like the ads say. I'd go with whichever is cheapest, honestly.

kytyree

by kytyree

Do you know if you prefer the "kuku penthouse" of the Cento over the "golden gate & krater cooler" of the RS S9? I prefer the kuku penthouse myself and for that would probably choose the cento, but other than that I like the rest of the RS S9.

velov

by velov

kytyree wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:24 pm
Do you know if you prefer the "kuku penthouse" of the Cento over the "golden gate & krater cooler" of the RS S9? I prefer the kuku penthouse myself and for that would probably choose the cento, but other than that I like the rest of the RS S9.
It's so hard to read Assos model names and terminology with a straight face :mrgreen:

KCookie

by KCookie

Dont waste your money on the S9, I would go with the T-Centos. I have them and both new S9 bibs, centos are way cheaper if you look in the right places.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

petosagan

by petosagan

KCookie wrote:Dont waste your money on the S9, I would go with the T-Centos. I have them and both new S9 bibs, centos are way cheaper if you look in the right places.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Yes the cento might be cheaper but I'm talking about the cento evo not the cento first generation.

Envoyé de mon SM-A530W en utilisant Tapatalk

coresare

by coresare

I have a pair of their bibs with the kuku penthouse..not a fan.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stoffa

by Stoffa

Anyone tried the RS aero short finger gloves? Having a tough time deciding between those and the regular s7s.