New/Prototype SIDI Shot worn by Vincenzo Nibali

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

corky

by corky

Karvalo wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 10:54 pm
nonamed wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:52 pm
Wingnut wrote:Anymore reviews on the Sixty shoes by any new owners?
The one I found on sigmasports is not optimistic... I wonder if they are worth upgrade from Wire
I don't think they are supposed to be an upgrade on the Wire, more of a sidegrade.

They're lighter but they have less adjustment and features. There's going to be give and take.
Less adjustment, less features but still charge the same price.......I wouldn't mind if they did
Something new with the insole, adjustable arch, metatarsal pad etc.....and going back to Velcro?

Very disappointing....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

corky

by corky

duplicate......deleted

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I think this is how the Sidi Sixty should have looked.

If the Genius 10 had a full carbon sole it would be my perfect shoe...I might go for a pair anyway, I don't believe I'll really notice the difference in the sole anyway.
Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 5.59.12 pm.png

corky

by corky

^ agree

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

+1 agree too. Prefer original wire layout, dont need heel adjuster and like new colours. Sixty is a missed opportunity I think.

chorus88

by chorus88

When Technology Becomes Emotion
2023 Tarmac SL7 Expert R8100 (90622-3352)

chorus88

by chorus88

YIKES!
When Technology Becomes Emotion
2023 Tarmac SL7 Expert R8100 (90622-3352)

velov

by velov

Who would've predicted that in 2020-21 the Shimano shoe line-up would be better looking than Sidi...

sychen

by sychen

velov wrote:Who would've predicted that in 2020-21 the Shimano shoe line-up would be better looking than Sidi...
Was thinking just that. 2021 sidi looks.. Cheap.

Can't tell from the low res picture but looks like sole is changed.. No sliding toe vent?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

corky

by corky

They've shot themselves in the foot(apologies).

LewisK

by LewisK

I see Formolo is wearing the Sixty with what looks to be the heal retention system. Not sure if it's just a one off or a change for 2021?

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

eurperg

by eurperg

Any info about 2021 Sidi Road Mega models?

uraqt

by uraqt

@Wingnut and corky
Dino, has said a few times that the Carbon sole isn't needed and that the sole should flex a to match the foot flex. Having rode with and still have a pari of Energy stiffness with the metal plate that you can move to adjust the stiffness and a new pair of Wire air carbon... I agree with him big time.

It's a conservative effort for an anniversary issue. It pains me to say Sidi is a conservative company but that is why their shoes and the lasts are the best. The new cool hip material and designs from other brands are not better than sidi from 23 years ago

@LewisK
I have read and there are a few pix of pro shoes with and without the heal retention system.. I assume that the pro's get whatever they want/need.. the story is that the heal retention system was added because a pro had to hide his modifications with an overshoe and when Dino saw it they built heal retention system for him.

I think this thread started with one of those pix and a Air sixty with a sliding clip instead of Velcro (I would pay full retail for that I do not buy anything with Velcro)

@sychen
Yep that is a new sole and with more vents so who knows ...

@anybody : )
As for Sidi looks, they do get it wrong every few years, however I think they get it more right than more wrong. I would guess that they feel that their shoes last a lifetime and if they can get more people one year because of "looks" it's not a big deal as when the long time sidi user needs new shoes (very rare. : ) ) they just wait until they offer in black or white a year or two later or buy NOS. I think Sidi might now just be understanding that cool colors or limited editions don't really cost any more to make a than the "normal" run. Those limted runs bring web clicks and name recognition and for "style" people have an excuse to buy more than one pair.

I have read that they moved the wire to the tongue to protect the dial, that said I have never a dial fail still on my original Energy dials. Also that new flip up dial on the sixtys looks better than the side dial on the wire as I have to un hook the wire and then re-hook the wire every ride. You have to make sure you don't fold back the foam padding on the back of the soft instep it's not a pain but I have to think about every time. : )

C

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

uraqt

by uraqt

Nothing about the mega ...

November delivery date ...

The new carbon sole C-BOOST SRS SOLE is by optimally fit foot in the (arch), it tells the maximum power directly to the pedal.
Furthermore, the cleat position can be adjusted on the shoe side within a range of ±5 mm, expanding the cleat adjustment range.

From
https://blog.goo.ne.jp/mechanicpit/e/3c ... 925cf269e7

C