New/Prototype SIDI Shot worn by Vincenzo Nibali

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ico

by ico

wheelbuilder wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:29 am
I agree with Nautiboy. I have 3 pairs of Wire Push shoes with the Tecno 3 dials. I had a feeling something like this might happen so I went a little overboard to make sure I have a supply of my favorite shoe. I love the Vernice (patent leather) look, the heel retention system is absolutely mission critical for me. It actually works as advertised and I would not ride a shoe that doesn't have it. They have also gone to the matte finish on everything, so Vernice seems to be no longer used. I'm pretty confident that with 3 pair I am secure in knowing I will have the proper shoe until I am no longer riding. Pics or didn't happen are somewhere in the cycle chat forum a year or two ago. I have tried on and briefly rode the Shot and I did not like the central dial. The last generation of the Wire was the perfect cycling shoe. I don't care that they are insanely heavy.
The thing with central dial on Shot is that you realize the dial only for a couple of rides (if you even realize it), then you'll completely forget about it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

uraqt

by uraqt

FYI,

I think there might be two new shoes, Nibali's shoes, with that ligh changing color, matching their new "gravel" shoes and the the "light" weight 60th anniversary ones in the video and in Urans photo..

Nibali's has "air" like amout of holes and Uran's have less, smaller and look like an lighter material..

Two new shoes.. also the heel adjustable retention "thing" looks like it's by choice of the pro rider.. Years and years ago I read that if you can make it to the factory they will build custom for you and "rebuild" your old shoes...

C

1415chris

by 1415chris

Those advocating Shots probably didn't try Wires or they prefer riding with more loose closure. Putting aside fit which is identical in both, Shots dials placement makes it harder to dial the closure system very tight compared to Wires. I stumbled across couple of other posters expressing the same thing. For me the biggest improvement Sidi could do is ditching their hideous dials and implementing much better working Boa, that would be something. But I guess that will never happen ;)

Nautiboy

by Nautiboy

Thanks Guys....Glad to know I'm not alone...... :beerchug: :lol: :lol: :beerchug:

chorus88

by chorus88

1415chris wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:31 am
Those advocating Shots probably didn't try Wires or they prefer riding with more loose closure. Putting aside fit which is identical in both, Shots dials placement makes it harder to dial the closure system very tight compared to Wires. I stumbled across couple of other posters expressing the same thing. For me the biggest improvement Sidi could do is ditching their hideous dials and implementing much better working Boa, that would be something. But I guess that will never happen ;)
Hmmm...
Ask fellow board member, Noctiluxx, who owns (5) pairs of Sidi Wires which SIDIs are more comfortable, Shot or Wire?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=149924&start=30
Noctiluxx: I have five pairs of Sidi Wire and one pair of Shot. Its no contest. The Shot is way more comfortable for me. It sucks as I rarely wear the other shoes :(
Attachments
WW-noctiluxx.jpg
When Technology Becomes Emotion
2023 Tarmac SL7 Expert R8100 (90622-3352)

guyc

by guyc

For his feet.

Nautiboy

by Nautiboy

guyc wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:02 pm
For his feet.

:beerchug:
:thumbup: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :up:

CP

by CP

corky

by corky

CP wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:43 pm
Voila,
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sidi-r ... niversary/
Looks good in red but Velcro is a bit of a backward (looking) step to me.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

chorus88 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:55 pm
1415chris wrote:
Hmmm...
Ask fellow board member, Noctiluxx, who owns (5) pairs of Sidi Wires which SIDIs are more comfortable, Shot or Wire?
Noctiluxx: I have five pairs of Sidi Wire and one pair of Shot. Its no contest. The Shot is way more comfortable for me. It sucks as I rarely wear the other shoes :(
Sidi shot with an upadated pic :D
Attachments
IMG_9245.jpg
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

chorus88

by chorus88

Noctiluxx wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:38 pm
chorus88 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:55 pm
1415chris wrote:
Hmmm...
I'm jealous! :beerchug:

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Noctiluxx wrote:
Haha awesome setup. Do you keep your shoes in 'display pose' all the time? Baller 8)

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Karvalo wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:51 pm
Noctiluxx wrote:
Haha awesome setup. Do you keep your shoes in 'display pose' all the time? Baller 8)
All the time! I have more shoes and helmets that are no longer in the rotation.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

guyc

by guyc

£330 in the UK. Available from Jan.

chorus88

by chorus88

guyc wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:40 pm
£330 in the UK. Available from Jan.
Just checked saddlebackUK website, Sidi Shot (£350) is still Sidi's top of the line road shoe.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com