2014 SR chainset on disc frame

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

karhu

by karhu

Folks,
I’m entertaining idea to reuse 2014 SR chainset on disc frame with SR EPS derailleurs and H11 levers.
Does it work?
Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

joejack951

by joejack951

Not exactly answering your question but I am running a 2016 Chorus chrankset on a disc frame (142mm thru axle rear) without issue. Front shifting works as it should with no rub in either ring using the full cassette. I am using matching Chorus mechanical (non-hydro) shifters with TRP HY/RD calipers for what it’s worth.

The disc-specific stuff might work slightly better but in my experience the non-disc stuff works just fine with the wider disc frame dropouts.

robertbb

by robertbb

I think I remember reading that the 2015+ 4-arm cranks were not changed at all with the introduction of the latest 11 speed "HO" groups (other than the HO label to match the updated rear derailleur and shifters/brakes).

karhu: compare the chainline of what you have with the 2015+ 4 arm cranksets. If it's the same I would imagine there should be no issues.

joeyb1000

by joeyb1000

To the best of my knowledge, the HO moved the chain line out 1mm and increased the distance between the chainrings by 0.4mm. So, you might get some noise in the small chain ring and smallest cog. Otherwise, you should be ok.