Bontrager Aeolus Saddle

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
szazbo

by szazbo

On a whim i purchased a Elite version, couldnt find the Pro. Been an OG Aliante user for over 20 years, and purchased all the new ones I could find on eBay. Thought about trying the Spesch Arc, but saw this one in the Trek store. Put it on a gravel bike that I was building and the next day did a 100 mile ridewith 7k of climbing. Couldnt be happier with this saddle. Padding is on the firmer side and at 1st you notice the wider nose, but dissapears after a while. With the Aliante they are 143 wide and I went for the 155. Really great saddle

wingguy

by wingguy

FactoryMatt wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:25 am
they do innovate. the ee brake thing and split pivot are unforgivable though. which colors my opinion of their power saddle clone.
It’s so not a Power saddle clone. Yes it’s a short nose saddle, but in every other respect it’s a totally different shape. No one says that every normal length saddle is a clone of every other normal length saddle, because that would be weird. It’s equally weird to suggest that two short saddles are the same just because they’re short!

by Weenie

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

wingguy wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:03 pm
FactoryMatt wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:25 am
they do innovate. the ee brake thing and split pivot are unforgivable though. which colors my opinion of their power saddle clone.
It’s so not a Power saddle clone. Yes it’s a short nose saddle, but in every other respect it’s a totally different shape. No one says that every normal length saddle is a clone of every other normal length saddle, because that would be weird. It’s equally weird to suggest that two short saddles are the same just because they’re short!
ha. true.

let us know how it compares. not sure the power shape is working for me on my "aero" bike. a wider nose with more pronounced cutout may help.

Sojodave

by Sojodave

When I got my Aeolus Elite saddle, the instructions said to have the nose down 2%. That is where I originally set it and I just couldn't get comfortable on it. I switched back to my Romin Evo. After a month, I played with the Aeolus at 3% down and it is way more comfortable. I've done some long rides on it since then and it feels awesome. If you're not digging the Aeolus saddle, play with the tilt to get it dialed in.