Bontrager Aeolus Saddle

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SimmyD

by SimmyD

Hey all,

Been looking for a short saddle like the Pro Power saddle but just came across these.

Has anyone had a good look at them yet?

https://www.trekbikes.com/au/en_AU/equi ... Code=black

spartan

by spartan

i tried one. not impressed the saddle is a copy of the new berk power saddle. for me the prologo dimension is best of the bunch. light/good shape/quality construction.
the specialized/trek have mediocre build quality for the prices they charge
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

SimmyD wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:04 pm
Hey all,

Been looking for a short saddle like the Pro Power saddle but just came across these.

I ordered the Aeolus Pro back in April and it’s been delayed multiple times. Now it’s slated to appear in late August.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

hlvd

by hlvd

Noctiluxx wrote:
SimmyD wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:04 pm
Hey all,

I ordered the Aeolus Pro back in April and it’s been delayed multiple times. Now it’s slated to appear in late August.
Did you get the saddle?
I'm interested myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warnsey

by Warnsey

I have one and love it. Took me a couple of rides to get used to but for what I got it for (short, fast rides) it's great.

hlvd

by hlvd

Warnsey wrote:I have one and love it. Took me a couple of rides to get used to but for what I got it for (short, fast rides) it's great.
What did you have before and how is it different? Image

Warnsey

by Warnsey

hlvd wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:53 am
Warnsey wrote:I have one and love it. Took me a couple of rides to get used to but for what I got it for (short, fast rides) it's great.
What did you have before and how is it different? Image

I have been using an Aliante R1 and I find that I sit much more forward on the Aeolus saddle, especially when trying to put down more power.

Sojodave

by Sojodave

This is a good video on how the Aeolus compares to the Power Arc. He wrote a blog that he likes the Aeolus more than the Power Arc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9pM28D7fug&t=315s

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

all bontrager/trek does is copy other folks. ee brakes & dave weagle's split pivot come to mind. sad boys.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Kinda weird to call them out on the Aeolus saddle when everyone copied a Specialized. And let’s face it, almost all modern rear suspension systems are just a variant on the 4-bar link.

Also I feel like the Madone, Domane, Supercaliber, XXX bar/stem, Blendr mounting options, Velocis shoe, tubeless rim strip, the use of T47, etc. show they do their own thing sometimes.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:53 pm
Kinda weird to call them out on the Aeolus saddle when everyone copied a Specialized. And let’s face it, almost all modern rear suspension systems are just a variant on the 4-bar link.

Also I feel like the Madone, Domane, Supercaliber, XXX bar/stem, Blendr mounting options, Velocis shoe, tubeless rim strip, the use of T47, etc. show they do their own thing sometimes.
they do innovate. the ee brake thing and split pivot are unforgivable though. which colors my opinion of their power saddle clone.

btw you can thank them for 148 boost, when it should have just been 157. and they tried to do a QR9 version of boost, instead of just putting TAs in the low end stuff. gotta have their own BB standard too...

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Yeah not all their "innovations" are good, BB90 chief among them. Wavecel 1.0 ain't too hot (but gets very hot) either.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

I love this saddle and have two of the pros, one on my Madone when set up with the Speed Concept bar and 5mm setaback seatpost, the other will go on the new Cervelo R5 disk. My friend rode my Madone with the new Aeolus and said it's the comfortable saddle he's ever ridden. My 155mm model came in at 167 grams.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

Sojodave

by Sojodave

Noctiluxx wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:12 pm
I love this saddle and have two of the pros, one on my Madone when set up with the Speed Concept bar and 5mm setaback seatpost, the other will go on the new Cervelo R5 disk. My friend rode my Madone with the new Aeolus and said it's the comfortable saddle he's ever ridden. My 155mm model came in at 167 grams.
That does it, I'm going to have to buy this saddle. I've heard really good reviews on it and it looks like a compromise between the Power arc and the Pro Stealth.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I bought a 155mm Comp version to test indoors. Took about 3 sessions to adjust from a similar short-nosed saddle with a more pronounced scoop and cradle (3DBikeFit Throne Atom.) Jury is out for me. I probably should try the 145mm version too.