What to replace broken Berk List with

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Lightweenie

by Lightweenie

I have had a Berk list for just over two years, and have in general been extremely happy with it: not only is it the most comfortable saddle I have ever had, but it looks great and is under 90gr.

However it recently broke. I have had some swoosh sounds at the rhythm of my pedaling for some months when putting out a lot of power while riding uphill, or when riding free handed and thought it was just the bibs rubbing on the side of the saddle. It turns out it was the glue binding the rails with the front of the saddle shell working itself loose. Since Berk don't seem to react to my message about a possible fix/replacement I decided to replace it with something else.

I understand that saddle is a personal thing, but what other saddles have a shape similar to the List? What models should I consider? Has anyone else felt right at home with the list and also some other model? Would the shape of the new Selle Italia slr saddles be similar?

I would even be ok if the weight was double that of the List as long as it is comfortable and solid...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

I would keep contacting him, he will answer eventually. He replaced a broken Lupina for me. So should get yours replaced if you love it so much. Seems silly to buy and try another saddle that might not agree with you behind.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

He is hard to get a hold of but perseverance is key especially if the List works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

JerryLook

by JerryLook

I would try to contact him through the private messages here on WW also.
2010 Orbea Opal 54cm
5.97kg

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

KCookie wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:16 pm
I would keep contacting him, he will answer eventually. He replaced a broken Lupina for me.
Second this, Jure recently agreed to replace my Lupina, on which I managed to crack the rails.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

JB Weld for plastics... mine has been holding up well ... use liberally
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Lightweenie

by Lightweenie

I assume you remove the remainders of the old glue first? Is there something you do in order to prepare the surfaces?

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Lightweenie wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:53 am
I assume you remove the remainders of the old glue first? Is there something you do in order to prepare the surfaces?
yes... xacto blade and sand as much as possible out... the first time I didn't put much and it broke again... the second time I used alot (probably added some grams) but it's been holding up.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Lightweenie

by Lightweenie

Just got a response from Berk and it seems that I will get the saddle replacement, and it is great news as I don’t have to start looking for a replacement on a saddle model I am very happy with!

It would still be interesting to find our which more standard saddles have a similar shape- even if it is only to update the saddle on my commuter.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

sure they replace.. but the orginal issue is still there.... the inherent flex vs adhesive is not a good match. It's only a matter of time I'm afraid.

I'm sure Berk is working on this... but I have not seen a statment as to this (granted I have not looked hard either)
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault