EEwings All Road crankset for road

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
elfuinha

by elfuinha

Hello

Any one using the EEwings for road with the 2x spider...

Any thoughts on it... Stiffness... Qfactor... Etc...

I'm interested in one... And thinking on using - 6mm spindles on the Keywin pedals to compensate the Qfactor...

Let me know please on your thoughts...

Also is anyone using the in PFBB30 with what BB... I'm interested in the Whyte industries PFBB30 ss bearings...

Thanks in advance.

by Weenie

solarider

by solarider

I am using them 1 x so not quite what you are asking but here goes.....

They are plenty stiff. I also have the mountain bike version and was frankly a bit unmoved by their stiffness. There is just so much else going on with a mountain bike that you can't properly appreciate the stiffness, but it is there. On the road however, the stiffness is perceivable.

I am running a Chris King Threadfit 30 on a 68mm English threaded BB. Super smooth, easy to install and adjust.

I am running the 1 x spider rather than the direct mount option. I am running them with SRAM AXS and this was the only way to get a flat top chain compatible chainring. I would rather run a direct mount, but the spider is super stiff and nicely made. I just prefer the looks of the direct mount option.

The only issue that I have to report concerns the Q factor. The Q factor at the BB spindle is not too bad, but because of the curvature of the tubes (they are squashed tubes afterall) they are quite fat about 5-6cms along their length which is where I do get some heel and ankle contact. I have never experienced this with any other chainset and I have used many.

On balance, they are a great 1 x mountain bike chainset where the combination of weight, strength, stiffness and their ability to withstand knocks makes them in a league of their own. On the road, for the money there are perhaps better options out there from the major groupset manufacturers, or THM for a little more.

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Thanks your answer

I already had the normal Clavícula and for my weight 88kg they are missing some stiffness, reason I chose to change to the OMC ITÁLIA.

I'm running Campagnolo with Absolute Black oval chainring on a OMC ITÁLIA Crank and would like to change to a more friendly user maintained Crankset... Since I've to take the bike to my Lbs every time I need to lube the bearings on the BB.

Extra stiffness will also be appreciated.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

In the fairwheel test omc deflected more than thm.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;