srm 9000 with bb86?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

simoncx

by simoncx

I was wondering if the srm 9000 will work with fuji bb86 frame? I have a sram gxp srm and that didn't fit, anyone know if the 9000 srm's have more clearence?

ms6073

by ms6073

simoncx wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:23 pm
I was wondering if the srm 9000 will work with fuji bb86 frame? I have a sram gxp srm and that didn't fit, anyone know if the 9000 srm's have more clearence?
What exactly do you mean by clearance? Silly question, but did you install a SRAM GXP bottom bracket? As for the SRM 9000, I had no issue running them on BB86 frames, although I did find that Shimano's BB86 bottom brackets had really 'fat' lips on the bearing cups and opted for BBInfinite bottom brackets.

- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

simoncx

by simoncx

Yup, I installed the srm s975 gxp with a sram bb86 gxp BB but the back cover of the power meter hits the bb and frame because the bore of the hole in the powermeter cover isnt big enough, not allowing it to go deep enough. I remember it was listed on srm that the sram model wasnt compatible with bb86 but wasnt sure if it was only that model that didnt work with bb86.