Another Ineos/Sky Pinarello breaks

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Bikes on the ground look ok..ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Ritxis

by Ritxis

Nefarious86 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:36 am
Bikes on the ground look ok..ImageImageImageImage

no exactly...................

crash
22.png

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Correct you are, I didn't spot that when I was flicking through before on my phone.

Using Tapatalk

cyclodelic

by cyclodelic

GCN (which recently added pinarello to their stable of brands that support the channel) did an unusually vague piece of coverage about this on the latest GCN show 16/7/19.
Simon Richardson insinuates but doesnt explicitly state that the bike was run over by a race commisioners car. I remain sceptical....
anyone know if this was an X-lite?

MRM

by MRM

It was an X-light (full black color no red fade) and wasn't broken to that level after the initial crash. Being run over may have very well taken place.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

cyclodelic wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:35 pm
GCN (which recently added pinarello to their stable of brands that support the channel) did an unusually vague piece of coverage about this on the latest GCN show 16/7/19.
Simon Richardson insinuates but doesnt explicitly state that the bike was run over by a race commisioners car. I remain sceptical....
It wasn't run over. Have a look at this clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPaCK32oP18

petromyzon

by petromyzon

Landing across the frame like that might have saved Geraint's Tour.

fxx

by fxx

BdaGhisallo wrote:
cyclodelic wrote:
It wasn't run over. Have a look at this clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPaCK32oP18
So did Simon lie?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

fxx wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:32 am
BdaGhisallo wrote:
cyclodelic wrote:
So did Simon lie?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Dunno - I didn't watch him. The red car is the race organization car. It doesn't look to my eyes like it goes over any bike and doesn't even roll through the left lane of the road where the bikes were laying. The bikes were dragged out of the road by the gendarme and it doesn't appear that they were run over by anything.

There is an image somewhere (maybe the proracing thread) showing Thomas mid air and on a trajectory to land squarely on top of a teammate's Pina that is suspended in the air by laying on top of another. From what I have seen, Thomas' impact broke the frame.

bikerdan

by bikerdan

From that angle if it had been a car going over it wouldn't that have meant destroying the bars sticking up, the wheels and not to mention the other bike that it would have hit first

Sent from my BND-L21 using Tapatalk

Jugi

by Jugi

fxx wrote:So did Simon lie?
Did he source his information from WeightWeenies?

IvanZg

by IvanZg

GCN guys are on Pinarello bikes at the moment so it sounds better to say that it broke due to car hitting it then by 65kg rider....