New Specialized Tarmac 2020

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
ajcav86

by ajcav86

Darceking wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:15 am
Is that a depth change in the rear wheel ?
Looking at the Roval graphics on both front and rear wheels the rear definitely looks deeper! Not sure about the weird growth at the top of the seat post..... shame they didn't get a shot of the drive side.. would of liked a closer look at the groupset
Perdita- Burls Ti Road
Aurelia- Saffron Stainless/Carbon Gravel
Bertha - Trek Speedconcept
Jolene - Over kill winter bike

nonamed

by nonamed

TobinHatesYou wrote:
nonamed wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:26 am
Need new Tarmac but RIM BRAKE PLEASEEEE
So the thing about the SL7 is integrated cabling...which clearly can't be done without proprietary/shitty brake systems. Just get an SL6.
I would :) but they are out of stock :)

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk Pro

by Weenie

Maddie

by Maddie

ajcav86 wrote:
Darceking wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:15 am
Is that a depth change in the rear wheel ?
Looking at the Roval graphics on both front and rear wheels the rear definitely looks deeper! Not sure about the weird growth at the top of the seat post..... shame they didn't get a shot of the drive side.. would of liked a closer look at the groupset
DA 9170 groupset

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

ajcav86 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:05 am

The new Rapides are 51mm front, unknown depth on the rear. Probably somewhere between 60-62mm.

The growth on the seatpost is a receptacle for the Di2 junction box. Hopefully they offer a regular seatpost for eTap builds.

Looks very likely that the S-Works level frameset is electronic only.
Last edited by TobinHatesYou on Sat May 23, 2020 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

icantaffordcycling

by icantaffordcycling

Rapides look WIDEEEEEE. If they are 23 internal or wider im a happy boy. +1 that seatpost is disgusting and hoping for an etap seatpost. I would stuff the junction in the downtube and charge with a second junction if I could avoid that seatpost.

ajcav86

by ajcav86

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:16 am
ajcav86 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:05 am

The new Rapides are 51mm front, unknown depth on the rear Probably somewhere between 60-62mm.

The growth on the seatpost is a receptacle for the Di2 junction box. Hopefully they offer regular seatpost for eTap builds.

Looks very likely that the S-Works level frameset is electronic only.
If they have a different/cleaner etap seat post I could be interested.. but at the moment more drawn to the new Emonda... can't wait to see the weight and aero differences.. however could be tempted to commit high treason and put Rovals on a Trek 😳
Perdita- Burls Ti Road
Aurelia- Saffron Stainless/Carbon Gravel
Bertha - Trek Speedconcept
Jolene - Over kill winter bike

icantaffordcycling

by icantaffordcycling

ajcav86 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:24 am
tempted to commit high treason and put Rovals on a Trek 😳
Stop urself.

Also looks like BSA bb :cry:

scapewalker

by scapewalker

Do you reckon they'll using the aerofly 2 bars?

ckspark

by ckspark

icantaffordcycling wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:23 am
Rapides look WIDEEEEEE. If they are 23 internal or wider im a happy boy. +1 that seatpost is disgusting and hoping for an etap seatpost. I would stuff the junction in the downtube and charge with a second junction if I could avoid that seatpost.
+1, The DI2 seat post port on my venge is a pain. Can't really use a saddle bag and it gets covered in dirt off the wheel. They do supply the mount for the handlebar but would need rewiring. Would be so much better on the downtube.

robeambro

by robeambro

Is that saddle a weird iteration of the Power?

bespoke

by bespoke

That looks lovely
I am all over that
Warning - Inherently biased:
www.bespokecycling.com

ichobi

by ichobi

Thats everything I want the new Tarmac to be. Looks like the dead of Venge is confirmed then. Probably selling along the line of : “the fastest bike on any gradient”.

Pinarello be like: Welcome to the 1 bike club buddy. You are a bit late tho.

Maddie

by Maddie

Oh, the pic is out. Hopefully this thread doesn't get shut down...

eric01

by eric01

This looks like what the SL6 would be if it was optimized for disc only. Bummer for rim brake fans like myself but i guess this is progress
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

by Weenie