New Specialized Tarmac 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ichobi

by ichobi

That's an interesting date on the box. Obviously it's last year. However, the Decon collection (sagan's latest collection) is already released (this past week). Perhaps we will see Sagan riding the new Tarmac at the Tour this year, because who else will be ridin that colorway if not the man himself ,because clearly nobody will be able to buy the SL7 in Decon color this year except him.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Slack wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:55 pm
There is only going to be one bike going forward. It's an SL7 tarmac. Lucky enough to have seen it already first hand, obviously I'm not going to post the photos of the bike as the relationships it'll damage are worth more to me. Here's a photo of the box. Enjoy it.
Thanks. Perhaps this is worth the wait after all.

This information is better than the fortune tellers in the Aeroad thread.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Slack wrote:
There is only going to be one bike going forward. It's an SL7 tarmac.
Just playing devil's advocate here... there's nothing on that box to back up that statement. Yes, the new Tarmac will most likely be called the SL7, but that's not really news, I'd guess everyone on this thread would have said that's probably the name of the bike. The fact that its coming isn't really a surprise and just because I new Tarmac is coming doesn't mean that there will no longer be a Venge.

LBoogie28

by LBoogie28

So they dump a ton of money into designing and developing the venge last year, just to turn around and drop it from their lineup?

LBoogie28

by LBoogie28

So they dump a ton of money into designing and developing the venge last year, just to turn around and drop it from their lineup?

Beancouter

by Beancouter

My comment wasn’t an opinion - just passing on here say.

Ultimately the numbers will speak for themselves - if the Venge is sufficiently faster than the SL7 then, of course, they would keep it. If not, what’s the point? Specialized are in the business of making money and the overlaps between tarmac/sl/venge seems like an expensive way of driving demand.

Whilst not everyone’s cup of tea, e-bikes are going to increasingly absorb R&D costs in a market where margins (and marginal gains) are deminishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

ichobi wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:39 pm
That's an interesting date on the box. Obviously it's last year. However, the Decon collection (sagan's latest collection) is already released (this past week). Perhaps we will see Sagan riding the new Tarmac at the Tour this year, because who else will be ridin that colorway if not the man himself ,because clearly nobody will be able to buy the SL7 in Decon color this year except him.
He was riding a Tarmac yesterday at the Vuelta a San Juan. But it still had exposed cables, so I'm guessing it was the new Sagan collection frame that just got released on the website. It was hard to tell, it just looked all black with a white logo, but the cables were definitely there.
Last edited by LanceLegstrong on Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

Slack

by Slack

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:20 pm
Slack wrote:
There is only going to be one bike going forward. It's an SL7 tarmac.
Just playing devil's advocate here... there's nothing on that box to back up that statement. Yes, the new Tarmac will most likely be called the SL7, but that's not really news, I'd guess everyone on this thread would have said that's probably the name of the bike. The fact that its coming isn't really a surprise and just because I new Tarmac is coming doesn't mean that there will no longer be a Venge.

Of course Specialized haven't put their entire model line up on it, it's a f**king box. This forum is literally full of chat and unsubstantiated opinion and when you post actual proof that you might know what you're taking about some internet troll decides he might know better. This is the last post I'll be making about the new bike. Enjoy.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Beancouter wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:12 pm
My comment wasn’t an opinion - just passing on here say.

Ultimately the numbers will speak for themselves - if the Venge is sufficiently faster than the SL7 then, of course, they would keep it. If not, what’s the point? Specialized are in the business of making money and the overlaps between tarmac/sl/venge seems like an expensive way of driving demand.

Whilst not everyone’s cup of tea, e-bikes are going to increasingly absorb R&D costs in a market where margins (and marginal gains) are deminishing.

Look at the brands willing to splice the gravel bike market into a bajillion sub-categories. The Venge likely isn't going anywhere...it will evolve. It will take on aspects of the Roubaix perhaps, like the Madone has rear IsoSpeed.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Slack wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:09 pm
when you post actual proof that you might know what you're taking about some internet troll decides he might know better. This is the last post I'll be making about the new bike. Enjoy.
But you haven't posted PROOF that you know what you're talking about... you've posted proof that the new Tarmac will be called the SL7, not that the Venge will be discontinued. Maybe you're right, congratulations, today you win the internet! or maybe you've just posted a pic of the box of an SL7. The whole point of this thread is speculation.

splzd

by splzd

I was asked via private message if I can share more informations about the SL7. Either I'm too stupid, or the messaging system doesn't allow me to reply to private messages because I just signed up recently. So I'm posting my reply here: I have nothing to share, especially regarding technical details of the upcoming models.

ds240

by ds240

splzd wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:02 am
I was asked via private message if I can share more informations about the SL7. Either I'm too stupid, or the messaging system doesn't allow me to reply to private messages because I just signed up recently. So I'm posting my reply here: I have nothing to share, especially regarding technical details of the upcoming models.
I've got some information of interest.... I'm going to post I've got some information.... I'm going to get asked about this information... I'm not going to say anything about this information... I'm going to feel really special.

Thanks for posting, really useful.

Screams of attention seeking.

splzd

by splzd

ds240 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:20 am
You got me. Bummer.

C36

by C36

splzd wrote:
ds240 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:20 am
You got me. Bummer.
Well he has sort of a point... if it’s to claim « I know but to won’t say anything » what is the value?
The pics shared earlier bring more info than the carton box.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Beancouter

by Beancouter

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com