New Specialized Tarmac 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

g32ecs

by g32ecs

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:03 pm
g32ecs wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:38 pm
What month do new frames come out again for purchase?

Maybe this is worth waiting for after all. I almost bought an SL6 but my final landed cost was halfway through the retail price. A bit more saving and I can get the color I want.
If this release schedule follows the past ones, we'll probably see a few keys guys riding stealth models in all black at the Dauphine/Suisse races with an official annoucment at the Tour. There is usually a limited release to the highest tier shops of just S-Works bikes at the announcement. Lower models are usually announced at the dealer event in late August/early September with bikes available shortly after.
Thanks. Sounds about similar to many years ago when I was in a premium Specialized store and the owner hinted at the new Tarmac with me (August ish). He was going to go somewhere in the US for the launch.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Well, at that point, the new bike would have already been announced. The last two versions were announced at the tour, so by August, the general public would know what the bike looked like. The dealer event is usually where they present the lower models... i.e. the Pro, Expert, Comp models and their associated colorways.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

splzd

by splzd

Tarmac and Venge will be merged. It obviously makes little to no sense to keep both models when the Tarmac becomes more aero and the Venge becomes lighter. A new model will be announced in the run-up to the TdF.

C36

by C36

splzd wrote:Tarmac and Venge will be merged. It obviously makes little to no sense to keep both models when the Tarmac becomes more aero and the Venge becomes lighter. A new model will be announced in the run-up to the TdF.
I seriously doubt. First, Segmenting the market do increase sales we will keep having aero, all around, comfort frames. Then, the new generation frames are not really faster than previous. Latest Focus, Willier or Cannondale all plateau at the same drag measurement according to Tour mag (give or take few W).
The only frames able to get a 10w benefit are the true lily aero frames.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

splzd

by splzd

C36 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:40 pm
splzd wrote:Tarmac and Venge will be merged. It obviously makes little to no sense to keep both models when the Tarmac becomes more aero and the Venge becomes lighter. A new model will be announced in the run-up to the TdF.
I seriously doubt. First, Segmenting the market do increase sales we will keep having aero, all around, comfort frames. Then, the new generation frames are not really faster than previous. Latest Focus, Willier or Cannondale all plateau at the same drag measurement according to Tour mag (give or take few W).
The only frames able to get a 10w benefit are the true lily aero frames.
Look at the picture above. Seatstays joint with the seattube looks like the Venge. Seatpost ist more aero than SL6. Fully internal cables, add a stem with integration and there's no cable or hose visible at all. The SL6 already is not far behind the Venge in terms of drag, with the aforementioned features it will be even closer. It makes no sense to have two bikes in the portfolio with the same aero/drag and the same weight. They will merge the two models. Segmenting the market is a good point. But not for this. Gravel is the new aero.

ichobi

by ichobi

Pinarello does fine with one superbike. I hope they merge the two.

DCcyclist

by DCcyclist

splzd wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:47 am
Tarmac and Venge will be merged. It obviously makes little to no sense to keep both models when the Tarmac becomes more aero and the Venge becomes lighter. A new model will be announced in the run-up to the TdF.
Will there be a new name for the bike too?
2019 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc

ichobi

by ichobi

I doubt it. It's their heritage. The Tarmac has been running for a decade now right?

Ousell

by Ousell

Anyone tried to use deda Vinci system with sl6 disc? Thanks!

AJS914

by AJS914

Specialized has a million bikes in their lineup, why would they start consolidating now? Plus the Venge is already in production. There would be no reason to can it.

eric01

by eric01

Specialized will keep them separate with just enough marketing differentiation. Make more money that way.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

splzd

by splzd

I get that you don't belive me since I'm not providing any proof or source. So we'll see in a couple of weeks.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

DCcyclist wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:15 pm
splzd wrote:
Tarenge?
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Noctiluxx wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:16 pm
DCcyclist wrote:
splzd wrote:
Tarenge?
Venmac
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DCcyclist

by DCcyclist

Noctiluxx wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:16 pm
DCcyclist wrote:
splzd wrote:
Tarenge?
Put S-WORKS on it and people will love that name too.
2019 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc