Anyone had any luck in contacting US Mavic customer service recently?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

legstrong

by legstrong

I had been calling them everyday for about a week but no one answered.

I received a 2019 Mavic Comete Pro SL UST wheelset and found out that the freewheel hub was defective (out of tolerance). The problem: I couldn't install my shimano 11spd cassette. It was as if the freewheel hub was made for 10spd. There was not enough space left for the last sprocket (11t), much less the cassette lockring. I tried different sets of Shimano 11spd cassette with the same result. Anyone had a similar issue by any chance?

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Can't help you about Mavic's CS but... did you inadvertently left the supplied spacer behind the cassette that should only be used for 10 speed cassettes?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Can you post a photo? Mavic's been using an 11-speed compatible freehub for ages (before anyone actually went with 11-speed). If it is out of tolerance, that's a major QC issue.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Normally when this sort of thing crops up theres a spacer somewhere where it shouldn't be. Also it is normal to take your potential warranty issue to the retailer you bought from. That's why you find hard to contact them. Dealers find it easier.

addictR1

by addictR1

i have... this is the email that's been responding to my questions: consumerservice-nam-en@mavic.com

legstrong

by legstrong

Left = mine, right = amazon. The shoulder is thicker on mine. I still found it hard to believe that Mavic had missed this in QC. They had been making freewheel hubs like forever.

There was no 10spd spacer. That was the first thing I checked as well. :noidea:

I messaged Mavic on twitter. They replied me back saying they were in the middle of an IT tool change from Odgen to Park City.

legstrong

by legstrong

addictR1 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:58 pm
i have... this is the email that's been responding to my questions: consumerservice-nam-en@mavic.com
Thanks. I included that address on my email as well.

joejack951

by joejack951

FIJIGabe wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:40 pm
Can you post a photo? Mavic's been using an 11-speed compatible freehub for ages (before anyone actually went with 11-speed). If it is out of tolerance, that's a major QC issue.
Something similar happened a few years ago to a Bikeforums member. I was curious and so dug into it. While Mavic has been making 11-speed compatible road freehubs for years, they also make a shorter MTB freehub which apparently interchanges with their road freehubs as this guy received road wheels with that shorter freehub: https://www.bikeforums.net/bicycle-mech ... kness.html

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Not a warranty issue then. A stick keeping issue. That makes sense. It's a 10 mtb speed freehub.

addictR1

by addictR1

legstrong wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:41 pm
addictR1 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:58 pm
Thanks. I included that address on my email as well.
it did take them a while to respond.. like a week. but once the start responding, follow on emails was quick replies.

legstrong

by legstrong

joejack951 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:56 pm
FIJIGabe wrote:
Something similar happened a few years ago to a Bikeforums member. I was curious and so dug into it. While Mavic has been making 11-speed compatible road freehubs for years, they also make a shorter MTB freehub which apparently interchanges with their road freehubs as this guy received road wheels with that shorter freehub: https://www.bikeforums.net/bicycle-mech ... kness.html
You might be on to something here. No wonder there are no scribe lines on my freewheel hub. I am guessing they use those lines for part identification during assembly. Somehow they just missed it...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

legstrong

by legstrong

A quick investigation from mavic's MTB and Road freewheel hub pictures showed what @joejack951 had mentioned. Left is MTB, Right is road. Voila, no scribe lines on the mtb freewheel hub...

Not 100% confirmed yet but I felt like that was the case.
joejack951 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:56 pm
FIJIGabe wrote: