Best Berk saddle for Toupe 143mm user

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nemeseri

by nemeseri

I'm super happy with the fit of my Specialized Toupe 143 saddle, but I'd like to buy something lighter. My current model is the pro model with carbon rails and minimal padding (pre 2018 and I was happy with the pre 2016 one too). I love the minimal padding and groove and I'm a bit sad that specialized added more padding to the recent versions.

Obviously Berk is top on my list, but I'm not sure which saddle is the best fit for me.

x) How much firmer is the naked carbon version compared to the padded version?
x) Is there any bib wear from the sharper edges on the non-padded version? I heard that might be an issue on non-padded carbon saddles if you have thicker thighs.
x) Compared to the toupe 143, which model is more similar? The dila 140 or the lupina 132?

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Lupina 132 is what you're after (coming from a former Toupe user - and then Romins). List may also work quite well; I have one that's treated me better than I would expect from a non-cutout saddle.

As far as the edges, I didn't have any issues with the outer edges of a bare carbon Lupina. I did, however, have issues with the chamois on my Assos bib getting stuck at the front of the cutout when I'd slide forward and stand up.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nemeseri

by nemeseri

Imaking20 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:36 am
Lupina 132 is what you're after (coming from a former Toupe user - and then Romins). List may also work quite well; I have one that's treated me better than I would expect from a non-cutout saddle.

As far as the edges, I didn't have any issues with the outer edges of a bare carbon Lupina. I did, however, have issues with the chamois on my Assos bib getting stuck at the front of the cutout when I'd slide forward and stand up.
Thanks, exactly the answer I was hoping for! :D
Do you think if padding would helping with the assos bib stuck in the cutout? I also wear assos bibs so it's a concern for me.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Yes, absolutely. I've never had that issue with my padded Lupina.

zefs

by zefs

What is your sitbone measurement? (there is also a 150mm version)
I prefer padded because it means less sliding around although it's personal preference.