Deda superzero shifter position issues?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spartacus

by spartacus

I'm looking at these bars and a bunch of reviewers say it's difficult or impossible to get the levers high enough up on the drops. I can't stand when the hoods are angled down so I'm afraid to buy these. I can't really find any good side shots of them with levers mounted either. Anyone have any imput here? I have shimano shifters.

TheDoctor

by TheDoctor

I agree it's not ideal, but with my Dura Ace 9100 shifters it's just ok. Below picture is with the shifters at the very top of the clamping area. As you can see the bars are slightly tilted; if you would want the bottom of the drops closer to horizontal the shifters would be angled down.
These are aluminium Superzeros by the way; comparing them side by side with the carbon version didn't show any difference.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

I had trouble setting these up correctly with Campy and Shimano, ended up selling them.

PinaRene

by PinaRene

See my bikes in “ signature “ - all 3 bikes have a Deda Superzero handlebar 42 outside. Clamped on max. hight so hope it will help you.

PrimO

by PrimO

Can you not remove the clamp from the shifter, fit it where you want it on the bars and then attached the shifter to the clamp?

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

PinaRene wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:17 am
See my bikes in “ signature “ - all 3 bikes have a Deda Superzero handlebar 42 outside. Clamped on max. hight so hope it will help you.
Interesting. With sram it look just right to me. With the campy, it looks a bit like the bar is rotated a bit too much forward. Also the shape looks like a hybrid between classic and compact bars. Compact drop mixed with concave/deep transition (which looks flat on the other two)

Beaver

by Beaver

Compared to a 3t Ergonova it really looks too low:

The hoods and barends should be parallel for a good beginning. If that's not possible, the shifters are really too low.

https://cyclingtips.com/2018/09/how-to- ... uidelines/

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

There's a info sheet saying that shifters should be mildly angled up (about 5 degree) to avoid ulnar nerve pain.
I can't find it, but i mounted my shifters accordingly and it feels good.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

spartacus

by spartacus

I'm just going to have to order the bars and try them, they're REALLY cheap from merlin, hopefully they work.

3Pio

by 3Pio

spartacus wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:50 pm
I'm just going to have to order the bars and try them, they're REALLY cheap from merlin, hopefully they work.

I had similar issues with Deda SuperLeggera Bars.. At the end maximum height position of hoods position worked for me, with just slightly rotated bar..... And using them with Capagnolo Record 11sp.. Hood transition better then my previous Easton EC90SLX bar....

c60rider

by c60rider

I'm one of those that commented about these bars not being able to get my SR11 levers high enough and I don't have them particularly high compared to most. I've just built up a new winter bike and as I had these spare decided to use them. They're as high as they will possibly go and just at the bare minimum height for me without tilting the bars too much. I like the bottom of the bars to be in the same angle as the top tube.

citrusparty

by citrusparty

c60rider wrote:I'm one of those that commented about these bars not being able to get my SR11 levers high enough and I don't have them particularly high compared to most. I've just built up a new winter bike and as I had these spare decided to use them. They're as high as they will possibly go and just at the bare minimum height for me without tilting the bars too much. I like the bottom of the bars to be in the same angle as the top tube.

What's your review of the Ribble? Could you do a post about your build + thoughts?

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

spartacus

by spartacus

^ Yeah that looks really nice. Brake levers do look too low though. When I get mine in I'll make sure to post pics and impressions.

c60rider

by c60rider

citrusparty wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:16 am
c60rider wrote:I'm one of those that commented about these bars not being able to get my SR11 levers high enough and I don't have them particularly high compared to most. I've just built up a new winter bike and as I had these spare decided to use them. They're as high as they will possibly go and just at the bare minimum height for me without tilting the bars too much. I like the bottom of the bars to be in the same angle as the top tube.
What's your review of the Ribble? Could you do a post about your build + thoughts?

Yes I was planning to do a build/ review thread on it seeing as it was my first ever disc brake bike, and this from a die hard rim braker, felt i was in a good position to answer numerous questions that i had but couldn't find answers to. But it's left such a sour taste in the mouth I didn't want to even think about the frustrating and convoluted time I had doing it for a while :x :roll: I'll try and get it done in the next couple of days and link it here. Just thinking about it is already bringing the nightmares back but I'll save them for the write up :lol:

citrusparty

by citrusparty

c60rider wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:21 am
citrusparty wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:16 am

Yes I was planning to do a build/ review thread on it seeing as it was my first ever disc brake bike, and this from a die hard rim braker, felt i was in a good position to answer numerous questions that i had but couldn't find answers to. But it's left such a sour taste in the mouth I didn't want to even think about the frustrating and convoluted time I had doing it for a while :x :roll: I'll try and get it done in the next couple of days and link it here. Just thinking about it is already bringing the nightmares back but I'll save them for the write up :lol:
Thanks, looks like I'll pump the brakes on looking further into this bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com