Deda superzero shifter position issues?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spartacus

by spartacus

c60rider wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:21 am
citrusparty wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:16 am
c60rider wrote:I'm one of those that commented about these bars not being able to get my SR11 levers high enough and I don't have them particularly high compared to most. I've just built up a new winter bike and as I had these spare decided to use them. They're as high as they will possibly go and just at the bare minimum height for me without tilting the bars too much. I like the bottom of the bars to be in the same angle as the top tube.
What's your review of the Ribble? Could you do a post about your build + thoughts?

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk
Yes I was planning to do a build/ review thread on it seeing as it was my first ever disc brake bike, and this from a die hard rim braker, felt i was in a good position to answer numerous questions that i had but couldn't find answers to. But it's left such a sour taste in the mouth I didn't want to even think about the frustrating and convoluted time I had doing it for a while :x :roll: I'll try and get it done in the next couple of days and link it here. Just thinking about it is already bringing the nightmares back but I'll save them for the write up :lol:
Now I'm curious lol.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

c60rider

by c60rider

spartacus wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:53 pm
c60rider wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:21 am
citrusparty wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:16 am
c60rider wrote:I'm one of those that commented about these bars not being able to get my SR11 levers high enough and I don't have them particularly high compared to most. I've just built up a new winter bike and as I had these spare decided to use them. They're as high as they will possibly go and just at the bare minimum height for me without tilting the bars too much. I like the bottom of the bars to be in the same angle as the top tube.
What's your review of the Ribble? Could you do a post about your build + thoughts?

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk
Yes I was planning to do a build/ review thread on it seeing as it was my first ever disc brake bike, and this from a die hard rim braker, felt i was in a good position to answer numerous questions that i had but couldn't find answers to. But it's left such a sour taste in the mouth I didn't want to even think about the frustrating and convoluted time I had doing it for a while :x :roll: I'll try and get it done in the next couple of days and link it here. Just thinking about it is already bringing the nightmares back but I'll save them for the write up :lol:
Now I'm curious lol.
Finally wrote it up viewtopic.php?f=3&t=157590&p=1501136#p1501136 posted in the main forum instead of the introduce yourself/gallery forum but asked a mod to move it

eurperg

by eurperg

I just installed Deda Superzero carbon bars, and here is an image of the ergos in the highest possible position. I have the big hands insert installed, and without it it would be worse. The shape of the tops is slightly different when compared to Zero100, and flat tops are not possible. I can live with this, but if possible, I would still tilt the bars down a bit to bring the drops closer to horizontal, and then raise the ergos slightly.

Shifting quality is good, but disconnecting and rerouting all cables on C60 was a pain in the ass when installing the bars.

Marin

by Marin

Why can't you move the levers higher?

eurperg

by eurperg

^The bar shape transforms to a bigger oval shape right after the marked clamping area. And the marked area is placed a lot lower than in other Deda bars. You would have to modify the ergos and the ergo attachment clamp if you wanted to place the levers any higher. I can pull the levers higher to the tapering area, but when I tighten the clamp, the levers slide down...

Marin

by Marin

Ah, understand. Probably won't work with Sram shifters at all then.

fizzaz

by fizzaz

Just installed a set of these and I love the way the bars feel, but the hoods are definitely an issue. Does anyone have a workaround for this? Not having the drops parallel with the ground is sucking pretty badly.

Does the same problem exist with the new DCR version?

eurperg

by eurperg

I think I found some kind of workaround: I put a piece of rubber between the lever and the bars. Now the lever stays in the ”Max” position and won’t slide down when I tighten the clamp to 6 Nm.

ImageImage

eurperg

by eurperg

Bar tape wrapped again, much better now! ImageImageImage

corky

by corky

Looks really good but wouldn't work for my small hands.....

eisenwo1f

by eisenwo1f

Apologies for the resurrecting the thread, how were you able to fit in the shifters into the bar? I recently bought this bar and somehow I can only mount mg 105 R7000 shifters up to "4". I already tried lubing it to push it more but no luck. Any hacks or tips?

c60rider

by c60rider

eisenwo1f wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:14 am
Apologies for the resurrecting the thread, how were you able to fit in the shifters into the bar? I recently bought this bar and somehow I can only mount mg 105 R7000 shifters up to "4". I already tried lubing it to push it more but no luck. Any hacks or tips?
Just to make sure that you're detaching the lever off the clamp and just sliding the clamp on its own around the bar. If you try to keep the lever attached to the clamp and wriggle the entire lever around a bar then you're going to run into all kinds of problems and likely dig into the bar. A clamp on its own should just wriggle round up to where the bar starts to flare out as shown in the above pictures then just reattach the lever. I can only speak for Campagnolo levers myself but I don't see why any lever wouldn't be the same.

eisenwo1f

by eisenwo1f

c60rider wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:55 am
eisenwo1f wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:14 am
Just to make sure that you're detaching the lever off the clamp and just sliding the clamp on its own around the bar. If you try to keep the lever attached to the clamp and wriggle the entire lever around a bar then you're going to run into all kinds of problems and likely dig into the bar. A clamp on its own should just wriggle round up to where the bar starts to flare out as shown in the above pictures then just reattach the lever. I can only speak for Campagnolo levers myself but I don't see why any lever wouldn't be the same.

I have already tried this method however the shimano clamp is already locked up up to the "2" and won't go up anymore. I had to brute force it with the lever to have up really up to "4".