Anyone have any experience of 2019 Focus Izalco Max disc??

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Hey guys

As the title implies, I’m looking for peoples real life experiences with the 2019 Izalco Max disc.
I will be getting back on a road bike soon for the first time in a couple of years (it’s a long story) and have started looking recently for what I fancy next.
I’m specifically looking at the 8.8 disc model - https://www.focus-bikes.com/gb_en/95639 ... x-disc-8-8
I’m coming off a Supersix evo that was running full Dura Ace mechanical, 50mm clinchers with R45s and a few other touches that came in at 6.9kg.
I will be maxing out my budget at about £3500 and there will be no funds for upgrades for quite some time. I initially set out hoping to get a Di2 bike next but am happy to sacrifice an electronic drivetrain for carbon wheels (like I said, no upgrade budget any time soon) and have my heart set on discs.
Any input greatly appreciated.
James

by Weenie

NordicSal

by NordicSal

I wonder why it isn't more popular. I think it looks and sounds spectacular. However, I am just a novice in this game.

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

Not 2019 model

I had 2017, so can’t comment other than to say the weight was bang on as advertised
Bike seemed good quality, no squeaking bb

The 2017 had 15 x 100mm front wheel
Whereas the 2019 has 12 x 100mm which really opens up the choice for after market wheels should you opt to change in the future
Fuji SL 5.8kg - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Focus Izalco Max Disc - Final Weight 6.7kg - http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

NordicSal

by NordicSal

The bikes are even discounted on many sites I see. 2800 euro for the 8.8 seems like a very good deal. 8.7 for 2200 euro even.