Selle Italia SLR Boost

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Mark40

by Mark40

Hi all, I’m new to the forum but I’ve enjoyed reading a lot of the posts here over the past few months.
I have just received a new SLR Boost saddle as I’m trying alternatives to my Romin Evo which isn’t quite working for me.
Has anyone here tried the SLR Boost yet? If so how are you setting it up in terms of levelling it?
I can’t find any reviews on it as it’s still pretty new so I’ll be happy to update people on my thoughts once I try it out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

I have done around 300km on mine now. Two longish rides of 100km each included.
Not a bad saddle.
Coming from a normal SLR with the narrower cutout, you can definately feel that the Boost has a bigger hole in it. But so far is a comfortable and I have not had any issues with regards to sore sitbones etc.

Settled on having the seat completely level.
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

it's weird... in a good way. I ride SLRs since they came out, my two regular saddles were Kit Carbonio and KC Flow - for more than a decade. I got a Boost after my pal - a prostate doc - told me "it's time to consider stuff" lol.

how it feels - yup, the "big hole" part is definitely not there, which feels funny to your buttocks, and first impression is you gonna get them grazed a bit. but nothing like that happens. it feels wider, perhaps due to the fact your body is supported differently and I found out moving fwd-rear seems an issue, as this saddle feels kinda like it's designed to sit in one place. I got used to that and learned to appreciate it. I moved my saddle ~5mm fwd (had a ~10mm longer reach on my SLR anyway) and it's all peachy since then. when I get back to regular KC and Flow - again - I feels weird, but my rear side must be really open for different options :roll: :lol: as I don't feel any pain or discomfort anything like that. I stayed with Boost mostly because forementioned "medical reasons", but the truth is - it just works very well

the only downside I can think of - it's heavier, about 30g or so from my regular KC.
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Mark40

by Mark40

Thanks for the replies. I had a session last night on the trainer just to get setup. I set it up completely level back to front + like you guys say it sorta just disappears under you.
I’ve lost count of the number of saddles I’ve tried but it’s at least 15! This is the 1st that has given me a 1st impression of real optimism rather than annoyance or “well it’s the best of a bad bunch!”
It’s early days I know but I’ll give it a few weeks + update the thread with my thoughts.