Female specific knicks

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

My better half is having a hard time finding a good quality set of knicks that are specifically designed for the female anotomy. She has had a few sets of Assos and Pearl Izumi but she finds the pad a bit bulky and it has a tendency to bunch up and rub a bit raw in the crease between the leg and the genitalia...... anyone have any experience with a Knick that is more than a male garment with a female label?
2019 Baum Ristretto
Pain is my friend!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LouisN

by LouisN

My daughters have the Peloton Pro bib from Jackroo and really love it.

The female models have a pink chamois as the male ones have a teal green one (I have the green chamois abnd love them too).
I guess you have to specify the size and "gender" when ordering online.

https://www.jakroo.com/ca/solar-pro-bib.html

Louis :-)

ms6073

by ms6073

Have bought the wife numerous bits of kit and she typically gravitates towards her Shebeest bibs.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

HeluvaSkier

by HeluvaSkier

Try Pactimo bibs or shorts. I spent a week (700 miles) riding with a woman (former cat 2 racer) last summer who swore by them... She actually rode across the US ~100 miles a day, 50 consecutive days, in them.

Another option... My wife, a less serious cyclist (still 2,000+ miles a year, but far from a racer or riding across any country anywhere) likes tri-shorts... preferred brands are DeSoto and 2XU (she likes the minimalist pads in the tri gear vs. cycling-specific gear). FWIW, my wife has the same complaint you mentioned above about Pearl Izumi... they bunch up... same for Sugoi... she won't touch those either.

Mep

by Mep

Machines For Freedom bibs are built specifically for women. Which means they also make her look slimmer, and we all know that's an important factor. My wife swears by it, after having tried Rapha, Pearl Izumi and Sportful women's bib shorts (among others).

robertbb

by robertbb

This is like asking for advice on a saddle or knicks for yourself.

The only answer is to try some and find one that works for her.

kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

robertbb wrote:This is like asking for advice on a saddle or knicks for yourself.

True, but I thought it might be worth asking where people have had some success to focus the search. I was thinking of giving Q36.5 a try for myself and maybe get a set for her at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2019 Baum Ristretto
Pain is my friend!

robertbb

by robertbb

kgibbo1868 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:51 am
robertbb wrote:This is like asking for advice on a saddle or knicks for yourself.

True, but I thought it might be worth asking where people have had some success to focus the search. I was thinking of giving Q36.5 a try for myself and maybe get a set for her at the same time.
My g/f swears by the Pearl Izumi Men's elite series... (different pad to the Pro)... and doesn't find the womens pads comfortable.

GothicCastle

by GothicCastle

Bibs, like saddles, are so personal. What works for someone might be torture for others.

These are my s/o's favorites, best first:

1) Rapha Brevet
2) Rapha Classic
3) Velocio Luxe
4) Machines for Freedom Endurance

Also consider trying some different saddles, if she hasn't already. Demoing a bunch of different models / widths can be illuminating.

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Lots of answers here, but I will give this anecdote.......A woman who I ride with a lot swears by Giordana FRC bibs not shorts. Womens specific chamois that she claims is the best she has used.....she has used a lot of different stuff too...... Capo, Pearl Izumi, Castelli, Rapha, and her least favorite was Assos.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

kgibbo1868 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:25 am
My better half is having a hard time finding a good quality set of knicks that are specifically designed for the female anotomy. She has had a few sets of Assos and Pearl Izumi but she finds the pad a bit bulky and it has a tendency to bunch up and rub a bit raw in the crease between the leg and the genitalia...... anyone have any experience with a Knick that is more than a male garment with a female label?
Honestly, if the pad bunches up, she is wearing at least one size too large.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

RTW wrote:
kgibbo1868 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:25 am
Honestly, if the pad bunches up, she is wearing at least one size too large.
Fair point, for some reason she finds the compression on the legs a bit uncomfortable and then goes a size up.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2019 Baum Ristretto
Pain is my friend!