Deda Superzero vs. Ritchey Superlogic vs. Darimo T2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eric01

by eric01

I like the ritchey superlogic. For me it’s the sweet spot from a weight/price point of view.

Can’t say much on the comfort side - to me it feels the same as the Thomson it replaced. But it’s lighter.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

silvalis wrote:If your butt is as sensitive as you make it out to be, buy an Ergon CF3 Pro...
I have this and it’s worth every gram, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

StanK

by StanK

eric01 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:58 am
... ritchey superlogic. For me it’s the sweet spot from a weight/price point of view...
That's my thoughts too. And customer feedback is exclusively positive, which is not so common.

Btw. on yesterday's ride, mostly hilly, existing seat post began creaking just too much for my liking. Even on some flat parts, which was not case before. And just few days ago I had everything (inside od seat tube, seat post alone, clamp) thoroughly cleaned. Obviously, stripping old clearcoat and repainting with cheap colour spray (and some clearcoat) didn't go so well.

But in the end, for some objective and some subjective reasons I decided to go with Deda Superzero instead of Superlogic. Will be better looking and some 10g lighter than present seat post (maybe more if I can replace steel screws for titanium ones), but for start I hope it will be as comfortable as present one. And free of creaking. We'll see in a week.

eric01

by eric01

Weigh the superzero when you get it? Deda has an unfortunate reputation for optimistic claimed weights

Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

kofsw4

by kofsw4

31.6 x 350mm black on blackImage

Sidato

by Sidato

Just for reference
Ritchey superlogic 31.6*350 with a titanium bolt.

I’m really pleased with it.

StanK

by StanK

eric01 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:43 am
Weigh the superzero when you get it? Deda has an unfortunate reputation for optimistic claimed weights
I will weighed, when I put my hands on it. Which won't be until Tuesday. But that Deda from the picture above shows pretty accurate weight (though, it's 31.6). 27.2 will probably be closer to 200g. than 190g. Ok, I can live with that.

StanK

by StanK

Good news first ...

188g. ... not bad. But ...

White seat post is Climax. Wall thickness 1,4mm. Weight 150g.
In the middle is Deda. Wall thickness 1,4mm. Same as above. And Climax causing me pain after 10-15km of riding.
Far right is Ghost (now on my bike). Wall thickness, on thinnest part 2,0 mm, on thickest 2,7mm. Weight 199g., and all three are 350mm lenght.
Obviously Deda use very thin carbon and very heavy clamp system. Climax use carbon and titanium for clamp system, probably that's why is lightest.

For Superzero I find only positive words regarding comfort. But now these thin walls scare me a lot. Should I install it at all or maybe better just return it? Can Deda be comfortable same as Ghost?

Btw. anybody knows how thin/thick walls are on Ritchey Superlogic? If that can be some kind of rough guide to comfort, at all.

silvalis

by silvalis

My superlogic and wcs aren't thin. Similar to the right post.
Chasse patate

StanK

by StanK

Ok, that's good news regarding Superlogic. I'm not in a hurry, so may be Superlogic in the end.

Btw. I think even Darimo hasn't that thin walls, and that I will return Deda. If I knew walls are that thin I would never order it.
Any thoughs about Bontrager XXX ? Not just walls thicknes :) Can be found for relatively good price. And by the difference of 400mm and 330mm, I would say that there is more carbon than on Deda.

biwa

by biwa

StanK wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:42 pm
Ok, that's good news regarding Superlogic. I'm not in a hurry, so may be Superlogic in the end.

Btw. I think even Darimo hasn't that thin walls, and that I will return Deda. If I knew walls are that thin I would never order it.
Any thoughs about Bontrager XXX ? Not just walls thicknes :) Can be found for relatively good price. And by the difference of 400mm and 330mm, I would say that there is more carbon than on Deda.
Just curious, why a thin wall post is necessarily a bad thing provided they can support the rider just as a thicker one does. Besides potential durability issue (e.g. upon impact or used by a heavy rider), what's specifically bad about it? Presumably it's lighter, no?

StanK

by StanK

biwa wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:05 am
Just curious, why a thin wall post is necessarily a bad thing provided they can support the rider just as a thicker one does... ?
I'm not saying that is so, just trying to draw some conclusion because I can't try different seatpost prior to spend some money. And can be for nothing in the end. That's all.
Maybe I would have zero complaints about Deda, who knows.

StanK

by StanK

Has anyone ever seen Superlogic without having an ending at an angle? Without being cut, of course.
Could it be a fake or maybe just some earlier version? I have one offer, but it's a little weird that the ending is straight. Although, everything else seems ok (on pics). Weight too.