De Rosa 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kgt

by kgt

Why "vastly more expensive"? De Rosa bikes are not more expensive than the bikes from any other respected brand. At least in central and south Europe the prices are rather normal, I don't know about Australia or the US. They have a nice outlet store too:
https://shop.derosanews.com/italian/Col ... sa?ccid=44

NordicSal

by NordicSal

I just looked up the Danish site where an Ultegra Di2 - SK PININFARINA with rim brakes is priced at 5400 euro after 3400 euro has already been discounted on it. That sounds crazy compared to a Canyon, for instance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

Canyons are cheaper for the reasons we know but other standard aero frames have a similar price to De Rosa: a Specialized Venge with ultegra di2 has a msrp of €‌8,000 and an S5 with ultegra di2 €‌8,235.00. So I don't see that De Rosa is "vastly more expensive". In Greece you can find De Rosa SK Ultegra di 2 for €6,490.00 and Merlin cycles sells one for €4.864,50

NordicSal

by NordicSal

The Venge had an MSRP of 7200 euro, I won't even bother to check the S5. And that's a new frame with discs. I just found a Venge Pro for 4400 euro at an offer. I don't know about Greece, but in Denmark, we consider 1000 euro a considerable amount, especially when it ships with a more expensive groupset.

kgt

by kgt

Prices can vary a lot, obviously, so what is the case in Denmark might not be the case elsewhere.

NordicSal

by NordicSal

Within the European Union, the prices are fairly similar. The only difference with Denmark is, that we, thankfully, don't have the Euro as our currency. This makes the asking prices a couple of hundred euros more expensive than the rest of Europe, but this is consistent for every bike manufacturer out there.
If you think De Rosa's aren't more expensive then that's cool, but that's not what we've just established in this formerly given example.

tarmackev

by tarmackev

Have to say I feel similar to KGT on this one.
All in the eye of the beholder I guess but the DeRosa does look different to me where as most of the other bikes have a similarity. Perhaps its the colours but the bike feels like it pops a bit more, it stands out from the crowd.
If I were in the market for something new I'd definitely take a look.

I'm a long time Cannondale guy and Trek before that, I was never overly keen on DeRosa but i think they've nailed it with these bikes. Very cool.

tarmackev

by tarmackev

Trying to find UK dealers, comparing to older models I really like the new logo.

NordicSal

by NordicSal

I think it looks more smooth in a weird way for sure (I like that too). Does help the new Cannondales that their paintworks suck.

kgt

by kgt

NordicSal wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:39 pm
Within the European Union, the prices are fairly similar. The only difference with Denmark is, that we, thankfully, don't have the Euro as our currency. This makes the asking prices a couple of hundred euros more expensive than the rest of Europe, but this is consistent for every bike manufacturer out there.
If you think De Rosa's aren't more expensive then that's cool, but that's not what we've just established in this formerly given example.
I also gave specific examples where De Rosa bikes are actually cheaper. Neither Denmark's nor Greece's bicycle market represent the golden standard so nobody 'established' anything IMHO.

Rogeliote

by Rogeliote

With some experience with top brands and top level models I would like to share with you that my De Rosa Protos has something special. I love the brand, the finish, the design and its performance.
Attachments
De Rosa Protos.jpg

mag

by mag

Merlin has De Rosa on clearance right now https://bikes.merlincycles.com/search?v ... a+Frameset

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

I am not clear on the connection (or lack thereof?) of De Rosa with BIXXIS. Isn't the latter owned by a De Rosa brother? Are they connected or is it my usual countrymen bickering in the family? Can anyone shed light on this?
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

Lafolie

by Lafolie

As a former De Rosa owner for many years it's truly sad to see that their once factory has now become a glorified warehouse for far east made frames waiting to be painted up and shipped out. They made some beautiful in-house carbon frames in the past, King, Protos, Idol etc with the frame jigs along the wall. I believe they now only make Ti frames in house. Now when you go to Merlin or Wiggle their prices are truly slashed to sell them. So sad as this once was a great name in Italian cycling. However it's great to see Doriano De Rosa branch off with his daughter to make their own artisan frames. Fantastic frame builder.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com