Colnago V3 RS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Co0kieMonster

by Co0kieMonster

wickedstealthy wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:23 pm

Do you happen to know the weight of the seatpost ? Im looking at the Darimo but dont like the loop stuff. So going to ask if they can have a 0 degree with traditional clamps if feasible.
You can ask Darimo for the seatpost with a traditional clamp. So did I for my Cervelo R5 and it was no issue at all for them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

Co0kieMonster wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:04 pm
wickedstealthy wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:23 pm

Do you happen to know the weight of the seatpost ? Im looking at the Darimo but dont like the loop stuff. So going to ask if they can have a 0 degree with traditional clamps if feasible.
You can ask Darimo for the seatpost with a traditional clamp. So did I for my Cervelo R5 and it was no issue at all for them.
Thx. Did you also ask it for the 0 degree post ? It seems less straightforward then on the setback.
I have sent a mail but haven't received a espouse yet.

Would you mind posting a picture if you have it on a 0 degree post ?

mag

by mag

I've got the 300mm long straight Darimo seatpost with the traditional clamp for Colnago C64/V3Rs.
It weighs 98g complete, 73g for just the seatpost, so the clamp weighs 25-26g.

The clamping system is exactly the one shown here: http://darimo.eu/en/darimo-t1-seatpost

sotonguy

by sotonguy

If I were to order the Darimo seat post and was looking for like for like with the original V3RS seat post is it best to order the 13mm set back then a straight? Sorry for the dumb question

hannawald

by hannawald

sotonguy wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:27 pm
If I were to order the Darimo seat post and was looking for like for like with the original V3RS seat post is it best to order the 13mm set back then a straight? Sorry for the dumb question
Yes, original V3RS seatpost has 15mm setback.
I just wonder if the Darimo seatpost is really compatible with V3RS and not only with C64. Shape might be the same but Darimo seatpost has only 4-6NM max torque while V3RS seatpost internal clamp has max at 8NM. And my original seatpost was slipping at 6NM.. C64 has different internal seatpost clamp with lower max torque..

sgergole

by sgergole

hannawald wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:13 pm
sgergole wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:55 am
iheartbianchi wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:01 am
sgergole wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:44 pm
To be honest, the black version looks just fantastic when seen in person. way better than it appears on the picture. Maybe even a few grams lighter due to the different painting process... So overall I am still superhappy about it.
I would have waited - that Frozen White is special, although I'm partial to the Frozen Red.

Riding a bike is no fun. Waiting for the bike to arrive, and spending time building it up, setting it up, the anticipation...that's the greatest part of our sport :)

Got pictures of your black?
Thing is, I never received a certain date about the delivery of the white one. After they promised me that the bike was going to be delivered in two days and then it shifted by 2 months, I had no faith in even end of July. And I have to ride the Haute Route in August, therefore I need some minimum time to get used to the new bike, disc brakes and just the feel. Plus the necessary position/biomechanic adjustments. I could not risk that a bike would not arrive before the race, which would mean I would have to race with a CAAD10 (althought it is a 6.3kg CAAD10...)

Then I also got in contact with Lumar Colors (the guys that paint Sagan's bikes...) and got confirmation that they can do that paint job and the exact same technique, even using two colors to make some sort of fading from white to something else in some areas. Which is very likely that I will do, at the end of the cycling season somewhere around November. :)

In the picture there is the bike as it arrived. Specs of the pictures are:
Colnago V3Rs - frame size 50
Campagnolo Super Record EPS Disc groupset, 52/36 and 11-32 cassette
Campagnolo Bora Ultra WTO 45 wheelset
Colnago stem and handlebar, 100mm stem
Berk Lupina Saddle
Assioma Duo pedals
Pirelli Race clinchers, 28mm
Silca latex inner tubes with way too long extenders
JRC Components Garmin mount
Stock bottle cage
As it is in the picture, the weight was (without the bidon and the garmin) 7,35kg

Some things have already been changed (thru axles, inner tubes, bottle cages, bolts, lowering the weight to 7,26kg), some other are about to be changed but I want to check with the biomechanic first (confirmation of the stem lenght -> THM or Schmolke; seat tube with or without setback -> Darimo; handlebar to be decided, probably Darimo too). And a second pair of lightweight wheels (Extralite) is being set up as tubeless. :mrgreen:
How do you make internal cable routing with Darimo bars and THM stem? Will you ask Darimo for a "DCR style hole" in the bars? Just be careful that if your stem doesn´t lead cables at the very bottom of the stem you wouldn´t be able to get the the red plastic reinforcing bung which you have in the original stem so the tightening bolts on the stem body won´t be properly supported (there are riders riding without it but of course not recommended)
Completed the installation of the Darimo Stem + Darimo Handlebar. The red plastic reinforcement was replaced by a Darimo carbon reinforcement, which underwent some dremel work to be able to host 3x cables (hydraulic brakes+electronic EPS). At the end of the story, ALL cables pass inside the handlebar and through a specifically drilled hole by Darimo, in the stem. And through the adapter, in the V3Rs frame.

With the first ride, I don't feel any flex in the handlebar/stem. To be honest, I never felt it even before, I can't really understand what all this "stem or handlebar flex" is all about.

Routing the whole thing was simply a nightmare and it was something that couldn't be done by one man alone... Will post some pictures of the final result, including the final weight. I am really pleased with how the final result looks. There are just no visible cables, at all.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Tease

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

milanv

by milanv

sgergole wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:29 pm
hannawald wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:13 pm
sgergole wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:55 am
iheartbianchi wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:01 am

I would have waited - that Frozen White is special, although I'm partial to the Frozen Red.

Riding a bike is no fun. Waiting for the bike to arrive, and spending time building it up, setting it up, the anticipation...that's the greatest part of our sport :)

Got pictures of your black?
Thing is, I never received a certain date about the delivery of the white one. After they promised me that the bike was going to be delivered in two days and then it shifted by 2 months, I had no faith in even end of July. And I have to ride the Haute Route in August, therefore I need some minimum time to get used to the new bike, disc brakes and just the feel. Plus the necessary position/biomechanic adjustments. I could not risk that a bike would not arrive before the race, which would mean I would have to race with a CAAD10 (althought it is a 6.3kg CAAD10...)

Then I also got in contact with Lumar Colors (the guys that paint Sagan's bikes...) and got confirmation that they can do that paint job and the exact same technique, even using two colors to make some sort of fading from white to something else in some areas. Which is very likely that I will do, at the end of the cycling season somewhere around November. :)

In the picture there is the bike as it arrived. Specs of the pictures are:
Colnago V3Rs - frame size 50
Campagnolo Super Record EPS Disc groupset, 52/36 and 11-32 cassette
Campagnolo Bora Ultra WTO 45 wheelset
Colnago stem and handlebar, 100mm stem
Berk Lupina Saddle
Assioma Duo pedals
Pirelli Race clinchers, 28mm
Silca latex inner tubes with way too long extenders
JRC Components Garmin mount
Stock bottle cage
As it is in the picture, the weight was (without the bidon and the garmin) 7,35kg

Some things have already been changed (thru axles, inner tubes, bottle cages, bolts, lowering the weight to 7,26kg), some other are about to be changed but I want to check with the biomechanic first (confirmation of the stem lenght -> THM or Schmolke; seat tube with or without setback -> Darimo; handlebar to be decided, probably Darimo too). And a second pair of lightweight wheels (Extralite) is being set up as tubeless. :mrgreen:
How do you make internal cable routing with Darimo bars and THM stem? Will you ask Darimo for a "DCR style hole" in the bars? Just be careful that if your stem doesn´t lead cables at the very bottom of the stem you wouldn´t be able to get the the red plastic reinforcing bung which you have in the original stem so the tightening bolts on the stem body won´t be properly supported (there are riders riding without it but of course not recommended)
Completed the installation of the Darimo Stem + Darimo Handlebar. The red plastic reinforcement was replaced by a Darimo carbon reinforcement, which underwent some dremel work to be able to host 3x cables (hydraulic brakes+electronic EPS). At the end of the story, ALL cables pass inside the handlebar and through a specifically drilled hole by Darimo, in the stem. And through the adapter, in the V3Rs frame.

With the first ride, I don't feel any flex in the handlebar/stem. To be honest, I never felt it even before, I can't really understand what all this "stem or handlebar flex" is all about.

Routing the whole thing was simply a nightmare and it was something that couldn't be done by one man alone... Will post some pictures of the final result, including the final weight. I am really pleased with how the final result looks. There are just no visible cables, at all.
Any photos?

sgergole

by sgergole

Here we go:

Minor adjustments this morning as in the pictures with the top cap, one bolt and a general wash, 5g lower than in the photo (took yesterday) ad 6,320. Didn't bother to take one more pic.

Full specs:
Colnago V3Rs size 50
Campagnolo Super Record EPS groupset, 52-36
Extralite Cyberdisc 38C
Darimo IX2 Stem, Ellipse Handlebar, T1 Loop Seatpost and Garmin Mount
Berk Lupina padded Saddle, standard widht
Favero Assioma Duo pedals - power meter
Carbon Ti Rotors, 160+140mm
Carbon Ti Cap and bolts
Carbon Ti Thru Axles
Recon 11-32 Cassette
C-Bear jockey wheels
Schwalbe Pro One TT tyres
Schwalbe Doc Blue Sealant
Deda traforato tape
Silca SpeedShield on valves
Tune Bottle Cages
Weight as in photos: 6,320. I consider the build complete :D

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

That's excellent lovely details with colour matching top cap bolt Dario logo etc

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

milanv

by milanv

👌

Belisarius

by Belisarius

wickedstealthy wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:49 am
Totally new here to this forum :)

Searching for some answers already a few days and can't find all the info.

I'm 177 and ordered a v3rs 52s. My major issue with bikes currently is the saddle setback. After 8y riding with pain in the knees and visiting several fitters the last one found my position where I feel comfort. I always had the impression that my knees where a bit pulled when turning the pedals. He shifted the cleats backward and shifted the saddle forward. The others always focused on seat height and reach to the handlebars only and looking at the alignment of the knees but forgetting the the hips also determine if your knees get stressed in the wrong plane.

So I'm now at 748-750 seat height and a setback of 4-4.5 with a typical long saddle. For the flite boost saddle I'm currently riding this means 6-6.5cm

And there you have the issue. Needing a straight seatpost is paramount to even get the saddle close to the correct position. On a 50 it's a bit better as the seattube is 74 degree but then I would need to use a lot of spacers.

Any information if the seat clamps on the colnago posts can be reversed to have some additional possibility to propely clamp the saddle ?
It is not you, but the saddle manufactuers!! I realized this in 2020 when tried three different saddles, and found out that most makers reduced the saddle weight BY REDUCING THE REAR ANGLE AND RAIL LENGTH. Most saddles thus lost 15-25 mm at the rear, and thus the mounting zone or the junction point of the rails moved front by the same amount (which means that your saddle is much much further back). So someone with a 15-25 mm seatpost would be nearly at 30-45 mm rear offset with a new gen saddle. Consequently, I had to order a Deda 0mm and, pending its arrival, my lower back took a good 1500 km beating on the Specialized Romin Evo Pro being just 10mm too far back.....I went online, grabbed saddle pics and juxtaposed them in powerpoint, transparent, keeping proper ratios.. results were telling, seeing how the rail length had shortened. But I was at least able to order 3-4 San Marco and selle italias.... All and all pain went away and on an old bike I push 40 km/hr sustained and I gained 1.5km/hr post seapost change...

Ironically, that 2014 Giant TCR Advanced that I barely rode due to this issue, discovered that it had a REVERSIBLE clamp, so 25 to -15 mm clamp so DOUGH moment lol. But the issue threw in the air my bike replacement strategy, as only Specialized Tarmac (does not fit me) or Dogma (not available) come with optional 0mm seatposts. Basso itself, at the factory, told me that they were scrambling to design a 0 mm seatpost (april-july 2021 for the 2022 model) as staffers and clients rapidly reported back issues and the reach modification... "We know, we know" told me the Basso tech... Worse- Basso, Colnago etc all now have proprietary seatposts, so you cannot just go online and order a Deda one... or Easton... Selle Italia introduced a new saddle marketting it as 10mm longer- a belated bid to say "oops riders, we messed up." So basically saddle makers never properly synked this developpment with bike manufacturers...

I am presently waiting for a V3 RS, conditional to getting that 0mm seatpost..

Right now, the longest Pro rails you can find (though shorter than prev gens) as Selle Italia and San Marco. That is it. Ther shortest in the industry are Fizik...
Last edited by Belisarius on Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Belisarius

by Belisarius

deleted
Last edited by Belisarius on Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Belisarius

by Belisarius

Belisarius wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:43 pm
wickedstealthy wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:49 am
Totally new here to this forum :)
deleted
Last edited by Belisarius on Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Belisarius

by Belisarius

deleted

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com