Colnago V3 RS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ilovebikes986

by Ilovebikes986

3kweave wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:49 pm
Ilovebikes986 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:18 am
3kweave -

Nice ride! I am (im)patiently waiting for mine to arrive. If you don’t mind me asking, what size frame do you have and seat height?
I have a size 48s frame. I am 170cm tall. I don't have a ruler with me at the moment to measure seat height but I have short legs so the seatpost is at the 100mm mark when it enters the seat tube. Its a fantastic bike. I really enjoy it. It handles very well and the ride quality is great. The integrated cabling is super clean but its also annoying. Since my bike fitness is still improving I will likely end up taking out another 10mm-15mm of spacer. The spacers come in 5mm increments. It would be nice to do it one at a time. But the spacers are completely solid and i cant figure out how one would remove a spacer without disconnecting all the cables. I knew that would be an issue when I bought it. What color are you getting?
I’m the same height and getting the black and red one.

Cemmac

by Cemmac

Hello,
Anyone 176cm big here. I'm in between 50s an 52s - which one to chose. I have tried 52s v3rs - it seems really close in reach position (for compare with my old Cube) probably 50s would be too small i though? Also seller think like that..

On the other half pro cyclist Tadej Pogacar is 176cm big and he rides 50s
totaly confused ...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Konsi

by Konsi

Cemmac wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:01 pm
Hello,
Anyone 176cm big here. I'm in between 50s an 52s - which one to chose. I have tried 52s v3rs - it seems really close in reach position (for compare with my old Cube) probably 50s would be too small i though? Also seller think like that..

totaly confused ...
Do you want the same drop from saddle to handlebars as Tadej? Otherwise it makes no sense to look at his framesize.

Cemmac

by Cemmac

I'm not sure how does it feels but stack on my previous bike was 541 and this one with 50s is 542 and 560 at 52s
reach is 385 now and 382/50 384/52 only seat tube is the same from previous bike 520 at 50s/500

top tube now 545 to 537/50 and 549/52

These are really close, so it is hard to say...

derosa2000

by derosa2000

Cemmac wrote:
Hello,

totaly confused ...
I am 174cm and I will have in a month V3Rs in size 50s and I was between 48s and 50s. On C64 I use 48s size . What is your saddle height on your current bike from center of BB to top of the saddle and what saddle to bar drop you have ?

Cemmac

by Cemmac

Current bike has saddle height of seat tube was 520 (at 50s specs 500, with 52s specs 520 the same asa previous). saddle to bar drop , don't have info it could be set different i supose.

maybe i'll try to contact bike fitter, whose UAE is using and it's in my nearby city actually..if he wants to descrbe why Tadej has smaller bike as i think..

hannawald

by hannawald

@Cemmac: For 174cm 52s should be too big, it is more like for 180cm and more..why are you even considering it? Who told you you are inbetween sizes?
I don't understand your dilemma, if 50s is within a mm from your current bike? Why you want a bigger frame?
If 52s reach is 384 at 560mm stack then at your stack height 542mm the reach would be like 390 (reach is measured at stack height, it is not independent value, remember the fork is not 90 degrees to the ground!), so it is about 0,5 cm longer than your current bike at 385..do you want that?

hannawald

by hannawald

Btw are there any reviews of V3RS? I haven't seen any, just lots of articles when it was launched but almost no reviews after that..how does it compare to Tarmac SL7, Giant TCR, Cannondale Supersix and others? People say it is comfortable and less nervous in a Colnago way..how about its acceleration feeling?

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

I have a rental V3RS on Mallorca now for the next 10 days, and after a little Loop on day one, I am rather impressed.

Got me thinking if this might be my next *for the love of cycling*-bike.

Anyone have an idea how long deliveries of frames in some of these crazy paint jobs might take?
On the website of the local Dealer (local being 2hrs+) it says 125+ days for any V3RS.
Do you have any experience with paint jobs like these?

I remember it taking 3 months more to get a special paint job on the Dogma F10.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

milanv

by milanv

FlatlandClimber wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:39 am
I have a rental V3RS on Mallorca now for the next 10 days, and after a little Loop on day one, I am rather impressed.

Anyone have an idea how long deliveries of frames in some of these crazy paint jobs might take?
On the website of the local Dealer (local being 2hrs+) it says 125+ days for any V3RS.
Yes, it can be the same delivery time with these great frozen colours... 3-4 months delivery time...

Cemmac

by Cemmac

FlatlandClimber wrote:

My local dealer tells me, next year for these new paintings...it terrible how stock currently is.
If they not clean Suez Canal, nothing till nex 2months 🙂

I'm also interested to Mallorca trip, how was trip and travel, do they complicate hard to get there.
Was it warm? My plan is for may but no one knows what comes...

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Thanks very much.
I will ask the deal about it. My experience with shipments from Italian manufactures has been rather awful so far. But I just love Italy and the look of their bikes...

Regarding Mallorca, it is just over 20C in the day and just over 10C In the Night. You are not allowed out after 10pm and before 6am (doesn't really matter to me). Weather forecast says dry throughout, but could be a few degrees warmer, especially since it is rather windy, and I am in the mountains most of the time.
Traveling from Germany, I only needed a negative PCR Test. Coming back home, I will need a negative Test As well. Cafes and restaurants are open, but only until 5pm, only the ones in hotels are open longer for hotel guests.
But loads of cyclists are here anyway, and great rental bikes.
Back to Colnago. The sizing of these are crazy. I had to exchange my 58 for a 56 and even that is huge.
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

3kweave

by 3kweave

derosa2000 wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:04 am
Cemmac wrote:
Hello,

totaly confused ...
I am 174cm and I will have in a month V3Rs in size 50s and I was between 48s and 50s. On C64 I use 48s size . What is your saddle height on your current bike from center of BB to top of the saddle and what saddle to bar drop you have ?
I am 170cm and 48 is PLENTY big for me. I have a ton of usable seatpost left. At 176cm, I think you would be totally fine with a 50 and I am sure you could fit a 48s. Some of it comes down to if you prefer a bike to be on the bigger or smaller side. Personally, I would rather size down than size up in terms of bike frames. I think 50 is a solid option.

derosa2000

by derosa2000

FlatlandClimber wrote:

V3Rs will be available earliest in September if ordering now , but more realistic is November ...

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Oh wow. Then I am really in no hurry.
Will be waiting for what will be released. Not ordering something before the season to get it after the season and after all new releases.
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com